• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts for Scepter cans

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where does someone find a new rubber for their Donkey?

(i guess I had to say it):???:
I realize I'm bumping a thread that has been dormant for 6 years, but I just hate to see questions unanswered when I know of at least one answer.

This seller "JAGMTE" (Just A Guy Making Things Easier) also sells heavily on eBay. But save a few dollars (already expensive enough) and you can order directly from his website:

http://jagmte.com/

You'll find replacement caps, flanges, Viton gaskets, different colored straps, spouts, O-rings for the spouts, and many videos he's made and put on YouTube to help you disassemble and reassemble your Scepter fuel can caps and why your inner flange keeps breaking (hint: non-Viton gasket swells when used with gasoline).

Last edited:

darr3239

Scepter Fuel Can Gasket

Just asking where I can find a gasket for the cap on a Scepter diesel fuel can. The used one I purchased is missing one.

Thanks much.

aleigh

They are widely available on a popular auction website. The grey gaskets are always Viton. The black gaskets "might" be. If you store petrol, you need Viton. Diesel does not matter.

darr3239

I just found that my cap is missing the flange/gasket unit altogether. It would have been nice if the person I bought it from would have mentioned it.

Now I'm trying to find the entire unit, but I'm only finding a couple of after market units.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a common problem with the 1st generation gaskets. When used with Gas or contaminated, they swell breaking off the retaining ring for the gasket off the flange.

Use a Viton gasket. End of problem.

I get my Scepter parts from DS tactical in Canada. They carry the full line including color coded cap retainers. Yellow - Diesel, Red- Gas

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter

darr3239

Thanks. But, it turned from a missing gasket to a missing flange unit. The gasket has to fit around the protruding center section of the flange.

Just the gasket might work, but wouldn't work as designed. Maybe that's how the water cans were made?

I ended up buying one of those aluminum flanges.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks