• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

parts prices

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get what I pay for. I looked at a variety of parts, all the same. I never go the cheapest, something wrong with the lowest price. Got buggered too many times buying the cheapest. To high a price, nope, not worth it unless it's the only one around. Right in the middle is best...after you've researched the daylights out of it. Yeah you might of payed a bit much. As I found out with some folks, I you think you got hosed, talk to them. If they're in business, they'll want to hear your problems before anyone else that way they have a chance to make it right. Might talk to the seller, see if you can work something out. If so great, everone is happy, if not never buy from them again.

Billy Bobbed

I've bought a lot of things I dont know what its worth,but I buy it any way because I want it.Their is a lot of things out there that a person has to put a price on that he fells its worth.but you have to decided if its worth it or do you want to spend the money he wants for it.

RANDYDIRT

that is up to U I think, if U have a problem after the sale with the price, learn and become more aware of whats what, we all did this, There is a very varying market for these parts, some states certain parts are plentyful and some do not have access like some others do, so the prices vary, Really it is not the sellers job to make sure they know what all others are willing to sell same or similer stuff, and as for shipping, well if U order it then thats part of it, and if u can find it locally do it, but to say the members here are or should be obligated to make sure there prices are the same is something that will never happen , and does not need to, it really is up to U, U have the right to buy or not to buy, not the members selling job at all... ...Randy
Don't you sell parts? Your post is very defensive. Conscience bugging you?

Dirt

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I misunderstood your first post. I think I've got it now. ;)

There is a parts cross reference over on the old site, I think. I know it was there and I assume it's still there. You can also do a search and find many helpful hints as to where to find parts locally. Or if all else fails, start a thread and people will chime in and help you out.

I did buy a set of filters for my deuce one time from a parts dealer (not a member here). I was wanting military filters. I knew I could buy aftermarket ones at the local NAPA but the primary fuel filter is a little different but will work. What did I get in the mail, NAPA filters. If I had known that I would have just bought them at NAPA and saved money. I was a little upset because they were advertised as military filters.

davey8943

I think this is the link that m16ty is referencing...

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&tid=10

The only part number that I can confirm is the NAPA Filter for the oil on the mulit. I picked two of them up at the local NAPA and they worked well (correct gaskets and all).

I only knew to check the cross after reading a few (hundred) posts on SS, and after I bought a set from a dealer. Was there a cheaper way to do it the first time? Sure. Am I upset about it? Nope. I paid someone for what was FOR SURE the right filter and gaskets. Once I knew what I was getting into, I felt much more comfortable using the cross list off of the WWW.

Knowledge is worth money. I didn't mind at all spending a few extra bucks to help a fellow American earn a living...

No negative intent meant to anyone :razz: Happy Halloween!! :twisted:

Dave

dkeven

wasn't trying to rustle feathers or get flamed, did not know there was a cross reference, have not gone to old site much, cant log in once there and any followup on links in the old are verbotten to me. Thought this site should have one somewhere, have seen bulb info etc, just nothing comprehensive. Went with the wix spin on primary myself did not like the fit of replacements I bought, have three if someone wants them for shipping price. PM me

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site really needs to be organized better. The powers that be say that they are going to move the info off the old site to the new one and organize it better. It hasn't been done yet. I've been around here a pretty good while and can find stuff pretty easy but I can see where the newer members could get lost.

You're right about the aftermarket primary. The hole is too big in the middle. This makes it hard to get lined up and you always wonder if you've got it centered right after you put it all back together.

emr

Hey randy NOT at all, i am NOT a vendor and have sold off alot of my old m35 stuff since I do not have one anymore, I have made the choice not to sell to cry babys though :) Is it U who have called all hours asking a ton of questions that all got answered, and yes I did not get the cargo covers out and never will, shipping them like i said on the phone is just more work than i can do, and am just not interested in doing it, thats the truth and I welcome a phone call any time pal... :) I do think people have to take the time to learn that this is a hobby and NOT Wall Mart, as someone who sold some stuff and now feel it is just not worth it, I can sure feel for those who need to make a buck to do it , that is for SURE:) But hey buddy anytime we meet i am happy to oblige :).. oh one more thing...anyone who sent a chack got there stuff, if I did not ask for a check I have the right to not do it... truth hurts buddy...

Last edited:

RANDYDIRT

Hey randy NOT at all, i am NOT a vendor and have sold off alot of my old m35 stuff since I do not have one anymore, I have made the choice not to sell to cry babys though :) Is it U who have called all hours asking a ton of questions that all got answered, and yes I did not get the cargo covers out and never will, shipping them like i said on the phone is just more work than i can do, and am just not interested in doing it, thats the truth and I welcome a phone call any time pal... :) I do think people have to take the time to learn that this is a hobby and NOT Wall Mart, as someone who sold some stuff and now feel it is just not worth it, I can sure feel for those who need to make a buck to do it , that is for SURE:) But hey buddy anytime we meet i am happy to oblige :).. oh one more thing...anyone who sent a chack got there stuff, if I did not ask for a check I have the right to not do it... truth hurts buddy...
Man, for the life of me, I can't figure what the heck you are talking about??? I don't reckon I have ever talked to you.

Dirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks