• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts Scavenger Hunt ....

Oski1868

So I am winding up the renovation of the cab of my M1078. In the process I have run into an obstacle trying to replace two compromised pieces.

The first is one of the three plastic air vents above the heater controls. I have found some similar products that I could use to replace all three so they match. But I thought I'd check and see if anyone out there might have one or know where I can buy a matching unit.
lmtv air vent 02.jpg
lmtv air vent.jpg

The other related item is the label panel for the heater controls. Again I have some ideas as to how to fabricate a better looking solution. But if someone knows a source to buy a replacement, it would be much appreciated.

heater control labels 01.jpg

Thanks!

Artisan

That data plate would be easy to draw in CAD and have a water or lazer cutter
punch it out. Mail it to me and I will draw it.

Also there are data plate people who do just data plates...
I do not have that contact info, search will find it.

Oski1868

Parts Scavenger Hunt ... Follow up

Just wanted to close out this thread with a thanks to NDT and Artisan. At NDT suggestion I found, bought, received and installed the heater vent grille from a seller on ebay.

As for the heater control panel label ... I took it to my local engraver and he did exactly what Artisan had suggested ... made an exact replica using a laser cutter and some material he had access to. Looks like the original ....
IMG_20150528_160105.jpg

Thanks for the tips!

Artisan

Great job!
Ask your guy for a reduced price for maybe 6 of them.
Now put then up for sale on EBAY.
Or Wait till you get an order before you make it...
Double your money ...
:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks