• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts Scavenger Hunt ....

Oski1868

So I am winding up the renovation of the cab of my M1078. In the process I have run into an obstacle trying to replace two compromised pieces.

The first is one of the three plastic air vents above the heater controls. I have found some similar products that I could use to replace all three so they match. But I thought I'd check and see if anyone out there might have one or know where I can buy a matching unit.
lmtv air vent 02.jpg
lmtv air vent.jpg

The other related item is the label panel for the heater controls. Again I have some ideas as to how to fabricate a better looking solution. But if someone knows a source to buy a replacement, it would be much appreciated.

heater control labels 01.jpg

Thanks!

Artisan

That data plate would be easy to draw in CAD and have a water or lazer cutter
punch it out. Mail it to me and I will draw it.

Also there are data plate people who do just data plates...
I do not have that contact info, search will find it.

Oski1868

Parts Scavenger Hunt ... Follow up

Just wanted to close out this thread with a thanks to NDT and Artisan. At NDT suggestion I found, bought, received and installed the heater vent grille from a seller on ebay.

As for the heater control panel label ... I took it to my local engraver and he did exactly what Artisan had suggested ... made an exact replica using a laser cutter and some material he had access to. Looks like the original ....
IMG_20150528_160105.jpg

Thanks for the tips!

Artisan

Great job!
Ask your guy for a reduced price for maybe 6 of them.
Now put then up for sale on EBAY.
Or Wait till you get an order before you make it...
Double your money ...
:)