• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cold was the word this morning - it was like 26 here but I shot paint in a garage with a 175,000 BTU heater on tho - makes a big difference than working outside this time of year like your trying to get done especially when
your so close to be to the paint status of your build - I feel for ya Bro.

I might have missed it and I apologize for asking but - what paint system did you settle on to shoot it with PT ? Looks great btw.
I'm going the Behr paint route for the brunt of the paint and Rapco rattle cans for all the little touch up spots. I got it sprayed today. I like how the behr paint laid out.

I still will have a lot of touch ups to do where I simply didn't see them. Right off I see the davit needs to be painted. :patracy: I also need to extend the crane and get the insides of it.

I really want to put some sort of stencil on the doors too. But I haven't figured out what I want yet. Lot more punch list stuff to do. But it's getting closer!

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really want to put some sort of stencil on the doors too. But I haven't figured out what I want yet.
Figured out what I want. I'm having a friend make some vinyl stencils for the doors. I'd post the link to the auction, but, that's against the rules. So here's a pic from the ad.

molonlabe.jpg

Basically it'll just be a vinyl sheet, everywhere that is white will be cut out. I wanted something to add a little something to it, but not anything crazy like the zombie/bio-hazard stuff everyone is doing. Had a long day at work. But tomorrow I plan on picking up a few nick-nac stuff I need since it'll be raining/cold.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm high bidder on a battery equalizer. I plan on installing a stereo system as well. And some cig lighter ports and usb charging ports.

M920

That is one AWESOME looking truck Drew! I really like the way it all comes together and looks like a unit, when paint is applied!

I like the door logo....that is going to look sharp. I agree that the big 'empty' doors are just asking for some kind of markings or emblems.
So in order to match my M920A1, I'm probably going to go with the same inverted chevrons, that the coalition forces used during 'Desert Storm' and that was originally pained on the doors of the M920.

Anyway, I really hope that I'll get to see the SEMTT in person one of these days.....

Soni

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
what is the difference in-between a battery equalizer and a power inverter for 24v-12v?
Price and amperage. The converters typically can only offer about 15 amps and below from what I've seen. I wanted to be able to power a radio, charge devices, power a gps, power a wifi hotspot, and who knows what else.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing done, but I did do a little shopping. I purchased some trim pieces I wanted to finish off a few things around the doghouse. (Grommeting to cover the gap between the cab and doghouse) As well as some door jam trim I'm going to use around the headlight cutouts. I'll try to install that tomorrow before thanksgiving. Besides that, I also purchase another solenoid valve I needed for the fuel system. So, that means I'll have some more plumbing and wiring to do soon when they and the regulator get here. I believe I still have a heavy duty relay left over from the MK48. So my plans are to install the regulator in battery box and wire them to the batteries. Then run a fused master lead up to the cab to the relay. I can use the input side of the relay for power on all the time devices (cig lighter ports, radio memory power) then use the master power switch to toggle the relay to cause a "keyed on" 12v. Another item I plan on redoing is the tank level gauge. I've got the selector switch to view the tanks. I'm thinking about pulling the leads out of that switch and using it to power a standard 24v relay I have left over. I'll have to look, but I want to say all the MK48 relays were single throw double poll switches. I'll use the relay for the gauge level signal. Then send 24v to the solenoids to switch them. (The solenoids are a switching valve style so they only need power to swap one way or another) This will eliminate any fiddling with a mech. valve. Now, onto the suspension. It was mentioned earlier to use airbags to assist with the suspension. While it's a great idea, the more I got to eyeballing it, the more I figured out there's no room for it there. This is due to the steering linkages that ride on the outboard sides of the front axle. There's room on the passenger side to put one airbag inboard. But the toploader on the driver's side prevents that idea. So, some checking around on the part numbers and I got the compressed and extended length. I've purchased a set of heavy duty adjustable air shocks that will fit in place of the stock shocks. I'm not looking for something to "lift" the nose of the truck with. Just something to help cushion the front end a little more. And if I get a tad more ride height out of it, so be it.

Just think, I'm starting to work on the little odds and ends of it now. Too bad I'm finding more stuff I want to do to it:

LED healights
LED front signals
LED tail lights
Install my AC system
Install my turbo
Install a stereo
Install all the accessory ports
Build the "bed" modules
Add a set of wetline ports to the hyd system
Install the locker I have for one of the rear axles
I'd love to build a LWS ring setup for it...

Someone stop me :patracy:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see your 'Stop for children' and raise you a 'snow cone'....

SEMTT2.jpg SEMTT3.jpg

... I bet Soni is glad that he didn't post a 'projected ideas' thread now!!

... also, if this 'game' continues, we should get back to the specific forum chosen.... Hot rod!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks