• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Batteries are wired back up, stereo, cig ports/charger, inverter all work. Unfortunately the speakers haven't made it here yet. I'm going to head to the parts store after work today and pick up a 12v relay. Maybe some small speakers if they have something. And I'm thinking some exterior lighting is in order to be able to work the crane at night.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Santa in the brown truck showed up today. Expect more progress tomorrow!

Boxes of goodies:
Solenoids for fuel valves
Relay
Speakers for stereo
Padlock hasps
24v fans
LEDs
Lights

Stuff to come:
Dual camera backup system
More LEDs

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find a SEMTT TM?
I found it in some of Edward Snowdens documents. Highly classified equipment and very rare. The military only has a few that are mainly stored in Area 51. They are expensive to build and even harder to maintain. A few good military mechanics have been rumored to go AWAL after working on them.

Hainebd

I don't know where you find the time. Sound system. How many amps so you can hear it. Any pics. Did you get that axle in yet? Ok. Supper secret Area 51 stuff. Stereo?? Must be for down hills or waxing.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I found it in some of Edward Snowdens documents. Highly classified equipment and very rare. The military only has a few that are mainly stored in Area 51. They are expensive to build and even harder to maintain. A few good military mechanics have been rumored to go AWAL after working on them.
That son of a..... We need a black ops team to extradite him now!

A stereo system is an UMWO (Unauthorized Modification Work Order).

Well...wait... If ya design/build your own vehicle I guess you can authorize anything ya want?:papabear:
I think the SEMTT is a WTHWITMWO in general. (What The Heck Was I Thinking MWO)

I don't know where you find the time. Sound system. How many amps so you can hear it. Any pics. Did you get that axle in yet? Ok. Supper secret Area 51 stuff. Stereo?? Must be for down hills or waxing.
It's nothing impressive really. I think the head unit is only 45watts per channel. Just something to listen to on long boring straightaways. I'm hopeful it won't be too terribly loud in the cab, since the fan will be behind the radiator blowing air away from me. Also the exhaust stack is still located in the stock position, and that's behind the crane. Haven't gotten the axle in yet. Weather has been crummy here lately (rain rain rain). So I've only been tinkering on little things as I can.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A few pics...

I added a pair of 55w lights on the spare
IMAG1296.jpg

As well as added some lights for backing up
IMAG1295.jpg

Speakers got mounted back behind the driver/passenger head
IMAG1290.jpgIMAG1291.jpg

Lastly the door lock setup I came up with. The PLS cab is already drilled for these!
IMAG1292.jpgIMAG1293.jpgIMAG1294.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like the lights. Plus it is painted. Last I saw wasn't it multi color? Ok why is reflector green? New Area 51 reflector? Nice work.
Yup, it was tan, green, white, yellow, and rust LOL. Those reflectors were hazed over/painted before I sprayed. I plan on replacing them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can't cast any stones. I had a "system" in several vehicles as a teen up until my 20's. This one isn't anything like that. But the speakers sound decent at least. I'm going to add two more speakers to the dash when I find something small enough.

Maybe I should install a PA speaker. :mrgreen:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is looking real good. Did you get front end suspension worked out? I like it.
I have the air shocks installed. We'll see when I go for a test drive. I've got the fuel solenoids installed and wired up now to replace that failure prone manual valve. I ended up having to use a relay to make it all work out. I pulled the tank selector switch and used it purely as a power switch. That switch has 12v from the accessory bar. When the switch is on, it feeds 12v to the solenoids and a 12v double poll relay. That relay swings pin 30 to 87a. Pin 30 goes now to the fuel gauge. 87a is to the right tank. When turned off, the solenoids switch back to the left tank. And with the relay non-energized, the poll swings from pin 87a to 87. 87 being the left tank. A little more cumbersome than I want wiring wise, but I wanted to keep the twist style switch since I had already installed it. (A double poll double throw switch would have been easier)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All that is left now is to turn that puppy into a "Low Rider" :grin:
I can honestly say, I've never owned anything that is lowered. Jacked up, sure, but never lowered. (Course I have plans for a 87 Monte Carlo SS of mine.... but that more for handling purposes with control arms up front)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can honestly say, I've never owned anything that is lowered. Jacked up, sure, but never lowered. (Course I have plans for a 87 Monte Carlo SS of mine.... but that more for handling purposes with control arms up front)
Hack up that MC SS and you are dead meat!! I think one of my drivers told you that already!!

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hack up that MC SS and you are dead meat!! I think one of my drivers told you that already!!
It'll be ok. It's not getting jacked up on 30" rims or any of that nonsense. It's getting a late model 6.0 Lq4 engine, turbo, AC reinstalled, the rear is already a 12 bolt with tube control arms. Front will get tube control arms, 12" B-body rotors and spindles, springs, and other handling bits. I want something that will have an honest 600hp on pump gas that I can play around in the hills, drive to CA with the air on, or just simply cruise around with the t-tops off. :papabear: