• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It'll be ok. It's not getting jacked up on 30" rims or any of that nonsense. It's getting a late model 6.0 Lq4 engine, turbo, AC reinstalled, the rear is already a 12 bolt with tube control arms. Front will get tube control arms, 12" B-body rotors and spindles, springs, and other handling bits. I want something that will have an honest 600hp on pump gas that I can play around in the hills, drive to CA with the air on, or just simply cruise around with the t-tops off. :papabear:
Oh...well that's different! Do I get to drive that baby just once? HUH?? HUH?? Can I??:naner:

mendo

Backup camera installed. It's a two channel system, so I'm thinking about installing the second pointed at the top of the crane, just to be able to easily check on questionable clearances. Cam works great in the dark too!

What?? this just went all over to the super high tech stuff!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today I didn't get much time to tinker. But I do have an update or two. I got a nice pair of mud flaps that are 30" long, plenty large enough to cover the 14.00R20's. I've also got a set of offset brackets on the way. Tomorrow I plan on cutting out some left over 1/2" plate to make brackets. I'll also try to drill the frame for the plates as well. Just won't install them until I get the brackets since I'll have to drill them.

I did get the engine running again today. Man what a pain to prime a dry system. To add insult to injury. The ONE line I forgot to tighten was the fitting from the driver's side tank (primary one I use) before the solenoids. So I pumped and pumped and pumped at least 1000 times. Then got the idea of just cracking open the hose at the IP and pressuring the tank. I figured out real quick about the loose fitting at the solenoids! :patracy:

I also moved the VIN/data plate over to the cab and got that mounted. I need to start cleaning out the interior now too. And I'd like to try to find some smaller speakers for the dash area too.

Anyhow, it's running once again. I'm about ready for a maiden voyage in it. But I still want to have the mud flaps on it first. Those 14.00's would kick up some big rocks on the road I'm afraid.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't really have any pics of me pumping the primer 1,374 times LOL. Here's a few pics though, thanks to Albert of the bracket mounts I'm going to make and the new ones he's shipping me.

I do have a question, what's the purpose of the holes and indentation in the middle? I was going to omit them in the plates I made since I don't know their purpose.
100_1340.jpg100_1338-1.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhh! That makes sense about the notch. I didn't think about the pintle mount not allowing the pins to come in the other way. I'm guessing the other holes are to move the brackets further inwards? (But it would probably block the pin?)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just got the green light from the insurance company! Now of course it's muddy/rainy/icky. Maybe sometime this weekend the clouds will open up for a test drive.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew will have to wait until late today at the earliest. We have a massive line of thundershowers and showers passing thru Ga and SC right now.

I would like to know how it rides also, with the cab out front like that.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now of course it's muddy/rainy/icky. Maybe sometime this weekend the clouds will open up for a test drive.
I'm not very impressed if this is all it takes to stop your machine from making a simple road test. I thought you were upgrading your M931, not turning it into a pedal car? UNSUBSCRIBED!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not very impressed if this is all it takes to stop your machine from making a simple road test. I thought you were upgrading your M931, not turning it into a pedal car? UNSUBSCRIBED!
I'm just overly cautious. I'd like to have the least amount of variables to deal with.

IE: I'm chicken!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being 'chicken' in instances such as these is often very wise! Chickens aren't cowards, they just have an extremely well developed sense of discretion....

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks