• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pawnshop builds a M116 flatbed...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a long day, and by the time we got to the farm it was cold, dark, and windy. So.. at least half the troopseat load got dumped there without being photographed. Unknown if Sam took any pics of his later.

They are Humvee seats. We got such a good deal on them it was worth seeing if they would work as field expedient seats in one of my M101's, and his M1028 until he picks up the real ones.
If they don't work out, maybe I will bolt them to a cedar tree and sit there to have my tea..:wink:

Cheers

SPCWarning

Pawnshop, you got a ballpark estimate of what your finished trailer will weigh? You reckon it can be pulled by a 1009? Also can't wait to see the finished product. Cool idea!

Ripcord, what's the trailer in your avatar? I tried to send pm to keep from semi-hijacking this thread (I apologize, Pawnshop), but it wouldn't let me pm you. If you want to, just send the answer to my email.
Jimmy

Pawnshop

Pawnshop, you got a ballpark estimate of what your finished trailer will weigh? You reckon it can be pulled by a 1009? Also can't wait to see the finished product. Cool idea!

Ripcord, what's the trailer in your avatar? I tried to send pm to keep from semi-hijacking this thread (I apologize, Pawnshop), but it wouldn't let me pm you. If you want to, just send the answer to my email.
Jimmy
I am not sure how much it will weigh, I am going to TRY to keep it simple and lightweight, but also want sturdy, so we shall see... I will keep it 1009 worthy.

His trailer is post #367 and 370 in this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/52277-show-us-your-military-trailers.html

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here you go Mark, krappy cell phone pic:
Better than no pic.

If I sound grumpy you'll have to excuse me. The sale of my '57 F100, that I've had for 19+ years, ends this afternoon. It's kind of hard to part with something that's been in your life that long.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I might be as it's pulling out the drive. I bought it the week before I got married and the wife isn't thrilled about letting it go but you do what you have to do.
So are you getting rid of the wife or trailer

Pawnshop

I have been poor:(

My plan was to build with my tax return but my M1009 needs new tires and my M109A3 needs a fuel pump and batteries SO...

It is now on the front burner so I will be starting soon, I will update when I start.