• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Perhaps, I just won't be happy until I get it really stuck?

GoHot229

I would never do this sort of stuff on someone else's property, this is my property. If want to drive the truck around on it in the back and make big hole I can.

You're right if this was some one else's property that would have been uncool of me to do. But in this case all I need to do is flatten it out with a york rake and some extra dirt so big deal.
Well then....all's good, had it been someone elses that would surely PO'd the Pope. I had hoped it WAS you own stuff, no foul then.....

Last edited:

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Well then....all's good, had it been someone elses that would surely PO'd the Pope. I had hoped it WAS you own stuff, no foul then.....
You are absolutely correct about the problems with off-road driving. The fact is no matter how "lightly one attempts to tread" off-road the fact remains substantial damage to the environment will occur. The M35 even when driven very carefully will do the same amount of damage as several smaller vehicles due to weight, size, and number of tires. The bigger your footprint is and the more weight on those tires the greater the marks one will leave on the unprepared surface.

The problem is that we all bought the M35's because we want to play with them on and off-road. So that is simply the truth. And one who is seriously dedicated to the off-road experience knows that environmental impact is unaviodable. If you're going to go into areas that require extreme traction and are of the extreme nature you need a truck that do so. So even a Jeep as lightweight as it is will do serious damage. I know my middle brother used to have a stock CJ5 Laredo and when he put the 33inch monster mudders on it the truck did far more damage to the terrain than it would have with just stock tires.

So as responsible people we have to choices: 1) buy enough land to support our hobby or 2) find a location that allows us to play with our big toys. This video is on my land but I'm running out of fun since it is too small. What I want is about a 100+ acres to open up an Off-Road Park for people to enjoy.

That is my idea at least.

roscoe

Good idea Rolling, you can offset areas you screw up with other area that are set aside. Just have to use some ol common sence when off roaden. Nature will fix itself, given time.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

hey rollin ..... Member what i said !take it easey!.... Less you got $ to throw away guy !.... Listen to my last reply !... Please !
I've always played on taking it easy on the Duke... I also plan on increasing the Duke's raw power and traction too... Air-Lockers all around and newer DT-466 with more power coupled to transmission will make this truck a brute.

Orionspath

I want to get one of those camera mounts they advertise in Cabellas for a video camera to mount on a tree (you might utilize this type for oncoming angles) modify it and mount it to the dash panel for my up coming road trip......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks