• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos?

m715mike

Me too... I had to upload one at a time. Also, most of my pictures that were bigger than 2.5 megs would not upload. I had to resize them on my computer and then continue uploading one at a time. It seemed like the upload would just time-out and quit.

dmetalmiki

Strange, but just now I uploaded two pictures without using a browser. straight off IE8. never been possible before. Well only if each individual picture was uploaded in turn and after re-loading the page each picture. And it was easy and a pleasure to use. Just wish it was like that all the time.
Uploading through firefox to the site works fine.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
turbo-boost.jpgtumblr_m0vxx8YRxJ1qzvl4e.jpgtumblr_l9zsd7VJxx1qdiy3ho1_500.jpg

These uploaded pretty quick for me.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you're having trouble uploading pictures I've had a few people mention this, but I need a lot more info.

1. What OS?
2. What browser?
3. What size are the images?
4. What is your internet connection speed? (Upload specifically)

I've not be able to duplicate any issues on my end between Win 8.1, Win 7, and a Mac. Using FF as the browser. All latest and greatest releases. Also works from Cable internet, DSL, and DS3 connections, and cellular.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Strange, but just now I uploaded two pictures without using a browser. straight off IE8. never been possible before. Well only if each individual picture was uploaded in turn and after re-loading the page each picture. And it was easy and a pleasure to use. Just wish it was like that all the time.
Uploading through firefox to the site works fine.
IE8 ended official support in the middle of 2009. But it, and pretty much everything else, ends completely in 2 weeks.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?sort=PN&alpha=internet explorer

You should consider upgrading your browser.

Al Harvey

IMG_2884.jpg

Okay now mine just uploaded a picture in this reply. But when I'm trying to do a new post in the Classifieds it's not uploading the picture.

Windows 10
FF
3.3 Mega
Unsure

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Me too... I had to upload one at a time. Also, most of my pictures that were bigger than 2.5 megs would not upload. I had to resize them on my computer and then continue uploading one at a time. It seemed like the upload would just time-out and quit.
It does. Unfortunately it's not a clean hand off. If your internet connection is too slow, you'll end up hitting the PHP timeout limit and nothing completes. I use power tools image resizer on my windows machines. Anything larger just get sized down by the site. And if you're paying per data useage, you're just spending needless money. (And it's faster on the upload) I tend to make a resized folder of images I wish to upload. That way I have the originals if I ever wanted them.

m715mike

If you're having trouble uploading pictures I've had a few people mention this, but I need a lot more info.

1. What OS?
2. What browser?
3. What size are the images?
4. What is your internet connection speed? (Upload specifically)

I've not be able to duplicate any issues on my end between Win 8.1, Win 7, and a Mac. Using FF as the browser. All latest and greatest releases. Also works from Cable internet, DSL, and DS3 connections, and cellular.
It does. Unfortunately it's not a clean hand off. If your internet connection is too slow, you'll end up hitting the PHP timeout limit and nothing completes. I use power tools image resizer on my windows machines. Anything larger just get sized down by the site. And if you're paying per data useage, you're just spending needless money. (And it's faster on the upload) I tend to make a resized folder of images I wish to upload. That way I have the originals if I ever wanted them.

patracy - Thank you for the quick response.

In reference to your questions, I'm using the following:

1. Windows 8.1
2. Internet Explorer 11 (Version 11.0.960.18125)
3. Issues were noted when image sizes got larger than 2.25 MB
4. Internet connection (DSL) upload speed just tested at 0.53 Mbps

Today was the first time I've ever had issues with picture uploads. In the past, I have left my computer alone for several minutes while uploading multiple pictures. Today, it seemed like I hit the timeout limit in approximately one minute or less.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Al Harvey

I've started threads with pictures in them first post. I'll make a thread now to confirm.
Well it just started working again. Guess it was just one of those fluke things that happen. Thank you for your time you spend keeping this site going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks