• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*PIC Update* Wish us luck, going to KY to drive m54 to MA

Massm35a2

I let my good friend drive my deuce a few weeks back & he was hooked, He just bought an M54 out in KY and we are heading to the airport in the AM to go pick it up. I will bring my digital camera. I sent a box down there already with tools, fluids, and spare parts. I hope we will have a safe and uneventful trip. We are starting out near Louisville and heading up through OH & PA.

I will post a full report when we return. I told his wife not to blame me for him getting bit by the green iron bug. LOL

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Wish us luck, going to KY to drive m54 to MA

If you have a laptop with wireless it is a good way to get to us for help just in case. You also might want to do a little research on truck stops along the way as you will save money on diesel. Also many truck stops I find give a discount for cash payment. Good luck.

hummer4x4guy

Well I can update and say the guys are now at Barkleyville PA on I-80. I was going inside the TA truck stop and saw the truck pull in and park so I went to see if they were from the site and they were. So we talked a bit and so far so good. Nice looking truck but I will save the good stuff for them to post..
Joel

Massm35a2

Were home :-D I will post pics and stuff soon, I need to get some rest right now. Truck ran great. I will fill in the info as soon as I can. Thanks for the support.

It was great to meet & talk with you Joel, thanks for posting our update :-D

Massm35a2

We went down to Radcliff.

Long ride home. Rough roads. Beat the heck out of us and the 5 ton. Wow these things ride hard. I have never been on the passenger side before. ouch!!! We had to keep stopping to drain the fuel filter. We kept getting a lot of junk in it and it was making the engine act up. Drain it and it would be great for 100 miles or so. other than that the trip was great. I missed the tappan Zee exit and ended up going over the GW Bridge in NY during rush hour. That was a crazy (kinda fun) challenge to drive the 5 ton through the Bronx Expressway.

Here is a pic of the truck at the sellers house, that is Steve the seller standing in front.

I will try to get some more pics soon, I also will take some with my deuce to show the size difference.

Attachments

hummer4x4guy

Josh
Glad to see you and Ralph made it home all in one piece. It was great talking with you two also. Hope your next adventure of getting a truck goes bout as well as this one did.
Joel

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That a nice truck, and BIG! The M54s always looked good to me, too bad they burn fuel like its going out of style, too rich for my wallet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radcliff is the home of Gold Nugget surplus. They sell online and have a decent store. I bought GP tent parts from them many years ago and was very happy with them. I get their catalog and still usually go to them first on small shippable items.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radcliff is also the home of U.S. Cavalry, a fine but expensive source for military spec equipment and uniforms. Come to think of it, if I remember back from my days that haunted the area, there are a lot of surplus stores, gun shops, pawn shops with surplus gear, thrift stores, etc. around that area, thanks to the presence of Fort Knox being right there. Lotsa gear finds its way into the local shops by several different means in the Radcliff area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks