• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a s250 shelter

TACTICAL6

The boy has sold nearly everything that wasn't bolted down around here on Ebay and saved up enough money to get a s250 shelter. So a trip to Sam Wiener motors was in order. We have begun to strip all the un-needed aluminum brackets and make it a bugout/camper type deal. Here are some pics.

Attachments

Srjeeper

250 Hold downs

T6,

This guy has NOS ~ 250 hold downs on E-Bay:
S-250 Shelter Tie Down and Sling ASSY 5600 LBS NEW | eBay

They work great with the 105 and if you cut the ring, take off the slings and loop the four cables, they fit perfectly to the rings and front hook on the trailer. That's how Uncle would do it and it'll hold better than straps, plus you can easily tighten or loosen as needed.

Here's a pic of mine.....good luck....[thumbzup]

Attachments

13 MIKE

I got mine there too. Was a lot of fun drilling all those rivets out. I hooked up the lights in the corners to the switch box next to the door. I can run the whites, or switch to red for tactical night camping.

Cleptomaniac

Where can you buy a s-250 at? I have looked all over and only found one place on e-gay!!
It is like 18hrs away:-( I would love to build a camper out of one!

Preacherboy

Mike, just drove by your house today...I was about to let you know how cool your shelter is! I want one!

Wish they would sell the 100 of them at a lot nearby. Saw one on GSA last year reasonably close, but it went for over $600...that seemed high to me.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of mine. Radio and rack gear is stripped out, but
it has a NOS heater in it. ie the one that the shelter was designed for.

It is sitting on a M390C trailer which has leveling legs and a built in ladder
that pulls out the back.

Needs more work, but too many other projects going on and I am partially
disabled, so things don't go as fast as I would like.
Bruce

Attachments

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Plus I told my wife no more recoveries or purchasing military stuff for awhile...that is, until I get all the cash from my 5 ton and sell a couple of my trailers!

But I would really like one of these shelters for camping, otherwise I'll be sleeping in the back of the suburban!

Srjeeper

Removin the rivets is a pain, but once there all out it's a breeze. I drilled most of mine and knocked them in. I don't know who had the rivet contract, but they musta cleaned up!! Then I filled the holes with Metal Mend and painted everything.

I built a small closet in mine, a fold down bed, TV, small elect. heater, ventilation fans and it's cozy. Doesn't take much to heat or cool it, but room is at a preimum. For one person it's perfect and at my age it beats the heck out of a cot in the 105. Get up, get dressed, plug in the coffe maker and life is good...rain, snow, sleet or zombies. rofl

Attachments

TACTICAL6

islandguydon - "I am impressed, I believe we are like minded. Good Job...............!"

Great minds thinks alike...

Last edited: