• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M1008 today - MISSING PARTS =(

ford381stroker

Picked up My M1008 today and it was missing parts. I guess someone else needed them more than I do? :cry:

I have taken pictures of the parts that are now missing. They almost got the second alternator but I guess something must have scared them away. All they had to do was pull out the last bolt and cut the wiring like they did on the driver side.

If anyone has these needed parts please post up and let me know a price. I don't want to have a dead M1008 in the driveway. City will frown on it bigtime. I am located in Springfield, MO 65802.

Thanks!

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at it real close? Like ones at cullman Al. that is a junk yard they take them a part and it is like a box of chocolate you dont know what you got till you bit it. They don't show all that is wrong . I have gotten a few from there all ways a got you.

jkade72

Did you look at it real close? Like ones at cullman Al. that is a junk yard they take them a part and it is like a box of chocolate you dont know what you got till you bit it. They don't show all that is wrong . I have gotten a few from there all ways a got you.
Yeah, I would only buy the ones from Cullman as parts trucks. Some of the ones at Redstone are the same way.

MilitaryRestoration

Sad but true, was told from a very good source... but a lot of times it's the soldiers that are taking the parts... they go into the drmo lots and wander off into the gl lots, which all the ones i've been to are not marked at all and sometimes vehicles are in gl when supposed to be in drmo and vise versa... at any rate sometimes the soldiers/mechanics go to 'drmo' to get things and end up taking them from the gl items/vehicles whether it be on purpose or accidental. I would've talked to the site manager if I were you. See if anyone came in looking for those specific parts or whos been in there getting parts. my 2cents

ford381stroker

didn't want to sound like I was unhappy with the purchase. any time you can pick up a 1 ton 4x4 truck for under 2k its a great deal. especialy when it is still under 100k miles.

i was just bummed. if no one has any parts that i need i will have to hit the junk yard and see what i can come up with.

scottc

That sucks. I work at an equipment auction on the side. I see it all the time. People take small parts they need during preview, even caught a few doing it during the actual auction. Some do it for the parts and alot do it to drive down the price. I hate a thief.

HAWKMAN

Drop me a PM I should be able to help you with the needed parts. I couldn't quite make out what it is you need in your last pic, please let me know at your conveiniance:-D

hobie237

How would they know its dead? If its in the driveway, just say "Hey, I'm a workin' man, I haven't had a chance to go fishin' yet!!!"
J

Most likely because it needs to be running so he can get it inspected and tagged.

Is there any way that you can refuse to take possession and/or get your money back if the truck you go to pick up is significantly different from the truck that was advertised? I mean, I realize that the military regularly cannibalize trucks to keep others on the road, but when they do, they should just then list the truck as "not running, parts removed," much like a lot of the trucks on the GSA auctions. yeah, I hate thieves, but I hate liars too, and I find it hard to believe that GL doesn't know that parts are going missing from their trucks, so either they're liars, or totally incompetent.

scottc

Most auctions are sold "as is-where it is" my experience is, you dont get your money back, and if you refuse possession, after you pay the auction company will simply keep the item and your money, if not picked up within a certain time frame. With that being said, most auction companies will do thier due diligence to disclose any problems with the lot, within reason. If you buy a truck, tractor, car, ect. Go to drive it away, and the transmission is bad, that is on you. I see people buy things quite often, without preview and then get upset when this happens. If they decide not to pay, then they are usually banned from future sales. Now these are situations with plenty of time to start and move the lot before and during the sale. Believe it or not there is quite a bit of people who will bid on a lot and have no way to pay for it at the end of the sale. The whole process can be interesting to watch.

goldneagle

Most auctions are sold "as is-where it is" my experience is, you dont get your money back, and if you refuse possession, after you pay the auction company will simply keep the item and your money, if not picked up within a certain time frame. With that being said, most auction companies will do thier due diligence to disclose any problems with the lot, within reason. If you buy a truck, tractor, car, ect. Go to drive it away, and the transmission is bad, that is on you. I see people buy things quite often, without preview and then get upset when this happens. If they decide not to pay, then they are usually banned from future sales. Now these are situations with plenty of time to start and move the lot before and during the sale. Believe it or not there is quite a bit of people who will bid on a lot and have no way to pay for it at the end of the sale. The whole process can be interesting to watch.
You don't seem to have a CLUE about the LAW. Simple example: If an auction is for a vehicle and the pictures show the engine in it you have the RIGHT to expect that the engine will be in it when you go to claim your vehicle! If the engine is missing then the seller is in breech of contract or fraud and you have the right to get all your money back if they do not remedy the situation.

This example is extreme but it clearly makes the point.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you got the truck from GL, you may be eligible to back out of the auction if you can prove that parts were taken after the pics were taken. They will NOT compensate you, though. I've tried. They agreed I had a valid claim but were only willing to let me back out of the sale. I had over $1,200 worth of parts taken off of an M925A2 that I won.

hobie237

Well, yeah. But if "as is" includes photos that show, say, the alternators, a reasonable person would conclude that the truck in question had alternators. Then you show up and there aren't alternators- IMO that's a problem- the item was misrepresented. Whether or not you went to preview it in person isn't relevant.

If you got the truck from GL, you may be eligible to back out of the auction if you can prove that parts were taken after the pics were taken. They will NOT compensate you, though. I've tried. They agreed I had a valid claim but were only willing to let me back out of the sale. I had over $1,200 worth of parts taken off of an M925A2 that I won.
That's what I'd figure it would be like. It would be nice if they'd compensate you, but legally they're not under any obligation, so I wouldn't expect them to. At least you weren't on the hook for the misrepresented item.

scottc

goldneagle, First of all, I agree if a vehicle is advertised a certain way, than yes, you obviously have an argument. I should have been more clear. I was referring to auctions where the people are physically at the site , have more than enough oppurtunity to preview the lot, do not, and then get pissed off when they have bought a vehicle that will not move. I have bought from GL like many others and have relied on pictures and the short description. Totally different situation. Though, if I had to guess, GL probably is not going to hand out refunds without a fight. Not an extreme situation, if you bought a truck from GL, pictures look great, you go to pick it up and the drive shafts are gone. You aren't getting your money back.

goldneagle

goldneagle, First of all, I agree if a vehicle is advertised a certain way, than yes, you obviously have an argument. I should have been more clear. I was referring to auctions where the people are physically at the site , have more than enough oppurtunity to preview the lot, do not, and then get pissed off when they have bought a vehicle that will not move. I have bought from GL like many others and have relied on pictures and the short description. Totally different situation. Though, if I had to guess, GL probably is not going to hand out refunds without a fight. Not an extreme situation, if you bought a truck from GL, pictures look great, you go to pick it up and the drive shafts are gone. You aren't getting your money back.
I agree with the last part of your comment. You can only claim on parts actually shown in the pictures. Crushed or missing driveshafts are tough to claim since the photos rarely show the undercarriage of the MVs.

goldneagle

I was fortunate to get a $200 store credit from GL for the missing parts on my Deuce in December of 2007.

Just used it as part of my payment for the M820A2 I picked up yesterday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks