• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking Up an M35A2 - Need Leg Room!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to assume that the "bucket" idea was a jest. I have problems with it even being joked about. My cousin's husband was working on a truck. He had a neighbor sit on a bucket to help him move the truck, in the shop. Needless to say, the bucket fell over, the truck went out of control, hitting the relative and killed him. He left my cousin and 5 kids! I love working on these trucks, but they can and will kill you.......Please treat them like a loaded gun, while in the shop and on the road, while working on them and in the work you do on them.

popz76

I'm 6'4" and around 300 lbs..the springer seat works best for me as it drops down lower. I did take out the seat back foam and replaced the stock steering wheel with the smaller diameter one. Plenty of room now !!

buckslayer

Based on the body Dims and Weights being thrown around, it sounds like no one on this thread misses a meal and is a distant relative of Wilt Chamberlain.:shock:

Good luck on the drive home.

I'm 6'6" and a slim 325 lbs. I run my trucks stock, but my major mod is to pad the transfer case lever and the freakin' stupid window crank.
I use heavy wall Armaflex pipe insulation on both. I end up being able to rest my knee on the transfer case shifter. It's not that comfortable, but it gets much better as your lower half goes numb. A roll of duct tape on the floor makes a good bottle holder.

Welder Sam

ive got 2 spring seats, a box, and some different spring ride seat in the wrecker and hands down the box gives me the most comfort. the strange seats are my second choice but need blocked up or something cuz theyll beat ya to death up n down... the springs just have to much padding on the back and make my 6' 270lb self lean way forward.... the box seat gives the most room, especially if ya simply slide off the back pad.

greenjeepster

How does changing the steering wheel or shortening the column effect leg room :confused:

I have a spring seat, and though I am not as tall as some of you (5 10) I like it much better then the box seat I had in my last truck, You can remove a solid two inches out of it by adjusting the lumbar support, you can also tilt the seat upwards to a better angle putting your legs in line with the pedals. And you can reduce the tension on the spring to ride lower...

There is a reason they switched out the box seats. But 1300 miles is a long ride no matter what you do; take long breaks.

rolling18

I STRONGLY disagreefat lady sings
changing the steering wheel/ shortening the column, lets you raise the seat higher giving you MORE room for longer legs (if you have a springer or air ride seat as I do) my air rider has many adjustments and works best with up/ down travel

I cut the seat back of the springer seat. I then took the cover of the back. Took a piece of 1/2" plywood and some padding. stapled the cover on the plywood over the padding. I then glued it to the back of the cab with "The Right Stuff" It gives a lot of extra room and looks normal.

panshark

Based on the body Dims and Weights being thrown around, it sounds like no one on this thread misses a meal and is a distant relative of Wilt Chamberlain.:shock:

Good luck on the drive home.
You can't go skipping meals and expect to command respect from the lug nuts on a duece.

THEY WILL OWN YOU!
:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks