• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(pics add)U.S. G.I. Light Weight Expandable Maintenance Tent

ONTOS66

Rizzo,

The manual: TM 10-5410-284-13&P is available for free at LOGSA. It is a nice clean copy.
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...7b4e1d632-9AA57BD1-C7EC-C31B-77DE370D39FD2448

Basic instructing for erecting the light weight maintenance enclosure:

NOTE: This tent can be assembled in one hour by 12 men without the use of special tools.

1. Select level site
2. Drink a beer while inspecting site
3. Check components against TM list
4. Drink a beer
5. Find / make / purchase missing pieces and think evil thoughts about GL
6. Drink a beer
7. Read safety instructions
8. Drink a beer
9. Assemble cot
10. Recline on cot with a beer
11. Watch 12 men put up your tent
12. Offer them beer
13. Be sociable, have one with them
14. Take pictures and post
15. Drink a beer
16. Take a nap, its been a tough day
17. Send me beer

:)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: maint tent

ida34 said:
BigMike,
You really need another hex to cover that thing right. You also need at least one diamond. Your leaving your flank exposed. I just put together my two hexes an one diamond for the coming show circuit. It really drops the temp under the net. I love them but hate putting them up and down.
If you have a pic or two please post or send them to me. I may go out and get another hex and get the straps that lash them together. I've got a triangle.

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: maint tent

thanks guys, i may have to call camel.

Preston, that TM looks way to long to read. I just printed your instructions instead

rizzo

its a temper tent for sure says that on everything, I compared pics on the net too.

I will have to look I think they are all temper tents, they all look the same.

screwed by GL again. guess i should have not bought it if I could not go and verify what it was.

ida34

Rizzo,
If you are going to sell them off let me know. I may be interested. I would take care of the erection myself. No help needed.

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
8340-01-185-2615 Type III - Green $11,449.20
8340-01-212-9470 Type III - Tan $11,449.20
8340-01-196-6272 Type IV - Green $11,800.68
8340-01-185-2628 Type IV - Tan $11,800.68
8340-01-185-2613 Type VII - Green $7,025.30
8340-01-212-9473 Type VII - Tan $7,025.30

Holy moly!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rizzo,

That stinks about them NOT being what you expected. I have kept my eye out for a maint. tent but was also very gun shy about bidding w/o looking.

ojsdna744

ida34 said:
Rizzo,
If you are going to sell them off let me know. I may be interested. I would take care of the erection myself. No help needed.

Chuck
Ditto, I might be interested in picking one up as well, gimme a PM if you want to sell them off.

Don

ONTOS66

Wow, Sorry that you didn't get what you ordered - like the drive-thru at McDonalds.

Any idea what you actually have at this point? The Temper Tent is hardly light at 1,300 lbs for one 8'x20' section. Sounds like an interesting system, too bad it isn't tall enough to take off an end and use as a maintenance tent.

On the bright side! It only takes 5 soldiers 40 minutes to get it erected.

Hopefully you can offload (errr, sell) some to the SS folk - wasn't Maddawg looking for a "big tent" earlier?

;)

rizzo

ida34 said:
Armada said:
May be interested also Kevin.
Paul,
You already have too many toys. Leave some for the rest of us.

Chuck
rofl

I lent one to a buddy and him and his wife and wifes sister and her kids ect. erected it tonight. he says it is cool and will work great for the yard sale.

I may sell one, not sure. I got it to put next to my garage to put my suburban and M1008 into.mostly the suburban. I drive the 08 more.I think they will fit but be sorta tight.

I will post pics when I get the tent up

rizzo

Redneck Garage or MV nut garage?

I had it all set up , but need help to lift it so the side walls could be put in place. My friend came over and helped.

I'm excited to have a garage now. My wifes minivan and the kids toys are in the real garage. I can't afford to build a barn so this will have to do.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks