• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(pics add)U.S. G.I. Light Weight Expandable Maintenance Tent

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: tent

Rizzo, that don't look too bad. Think yo still got a good deal, lookat it this way, you saved some more military stuff from the shredder.

rizzo

RE: tent

its not too bad. the MGPTS tent I have is like brand new. this one is used for sure, but I just want it to keep things out of sight and the sun mostley. it has some leaks on a few seams. Nothing bad. I am going to look around for that canvas water proofer. I need some for another tent so I will try it on here.

Armada

Paul,
You already have too many toys. Leave some for the rest of us.

Chuck
rofl Well that's why I need a place to store/protect them..... :)
Wish I had a nice barn like yours. The dirt bags that live next to me spit, throw mud, pee, throw nails, let air out of the tires, etc., on my vehicles.

Chuck, are you going to Clare again this year? I'm thinking about driving the duece this time. I finally finished the restoration.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line is GL didnt screw you, the unit that turned in the tent BS'ed the paperwork when they turned it in and BS'ed DRMO..... Not that I would know anything about that from the days I was in......

ida34

Paul,
I am planning on going and think I will take the deuce if I can get my Pyrometer and Boost gage installed before then. We will have to keep in touch on it.

Chuck

rizzo

emmado22 said:
Bottom line is GL didnt screw you, the unit that turned in the tent BS'ed the paperwork when they turned it in and BS'ed DRMO..... Not that I would know anything about that from the days I was in......
I agree to a point. I should go look at what I am bidding on. and do the research ahead of time to find out what an LME looks like to realize that what they had was not an LME. Find out what it weighs from the specs and not go by what GL says it weighs.

I understand that they must be stupid to assemble a tent and never look at the tag on every canvas piece that says "temper tent" on it and still call it a maintenance tent. I had given them credit for erecting a tent and taking some pics so that everyone would know what it is. I just figured that they saw tags on the tent that said maintenance enclosure or something. I am wrong for assuming they know how to do their jobs.

So I am just venting a little I guess. I think that it would be easier to put a question mark in the weight area than make up a weight. But I am not a complete moron so I dont really know how they think.

oh well. daylight pics added

Attachments

ojsdna744

Armada said:
Chuck, are you going to Clare again this year? I'm thinking about driving the duece this time. I finally finished the restoration.
ida34 said:
Paul,
I am planning on going and think I will take the deuce if I can get my Pyrometer and Boost gage installed before then. We will have to keep in touch on it.

Chuck
Don't forget, there were rumors of a Company A convoy up from the metro area, not sure if that'll develop or not. But that'd be sort of a mini ECC!!
:driver:

Armada

Don't forget, there were rumors of a Company A convoy up from the metro area, not sure if that'll develop or not. But that'd be sort of a mini ECC!!
Cool, we'll have our own 1st annual Great Lakes Convoy! Don, did you get any pictures of the Linden parade you can send to me?
Kevin, you should drive one of your big rigs to Clare with us.
Chuck, did you ever get your rt524 hooked up? I'm anxious to talked to you on it. I think you are well within range of my radio.

rizzo

I wanted to hit the claire thing this year. When is it?

I supose I could take the wrecker up there. If I bring some kids I would take the semi.

rizzo

any ideas on what to use for waterproofing on this temper tent?

it looks like some one painted a green rubber substance on some parts of the tents.

I have an extra one if anyone is interested. 20x32. I got 1k into each tent.

aboonski

I just took the time to read through this thread and was happy to see that someone had actually assembled an LME without a crew of 12 soldiers! The one I bought from the GL auction at Eglin is still in the crate and will stay there until after hurricane season. I was thinking about renting one of those high-lift cherry pickers when assembly time rolls around (now that I know it is possible to erect this thing myself). I am also looking into the possibility of moving to South Carolina and having this for a garage before building a new house on the property. Since that auction took place I have not seen any more of these on GL so I consider myself fortunate to have one. The TM that covers the tent is pretty detailed but in no way even touches the "one man assembly" technique.

lindyp38

any ideas on what to use for waterproofing on this temper tent?

it looks like some one painted a green rubber substance on some parts of the tents.

I have an extra one if anyone is interested. 20x32. I got 1k into each tent.
mine has the same stuff on it....

im curious as to how the panels attach up on top.....i wanna be sure to do it correctly....

can anyone take a pic ? thanks mario

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks