• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my 101

Nick

Ive been working on it just over a year. Since I'm a fire fighter in Calif, summer doesnt lend much time to work on it.

The only thing left is to strip the paint and put a new coat on it.

Brent13

That is looking great, going to be brand-new when you get done with it. I had assumed you had welded the letters on? I would be wrong. I am now thinking I will weld the letters of the VIN on mine. I registered mine in Colorado as a "home-built" trailer. DMV gave me a VIN ID tag, but it would easily be removed by any thief.

Brent

Nick

Thanks. It should be better if I can find someone to paint it for a decent price. I got really lucky and bought mine from a guy that we had base camp for a fire set up on his property. I got it for 400 bucks. I have heard they go for upwards of a grand or so, depending on condition

M37Dodge

Value - if this was last Spring, (per GL) the M101 trailers sold for $300-400 w/o a tarp or wood sides, $500-650 with wood sides, and $700+ if had sides and tarp. Current pricesa are lousy (as a potential seller). I watched on Ebay a trailer w/ sides not sell for $425 twice. MV dealer prices tacked on an extra $300-500 per unit.

They can be picked up cheap now. Check GL - as they have the best prices being no mark up yet. That is where I got mine.

Nick

Do they sell the covers there too? I have all the sides, gates, and bows, but I need a canvass cover.

On another story I'm looking for the right brake lever also. Do they have that kind of stuff or is it just the whole trailers?