• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my 101

Nick

Ive been working on it just over a year. Since I'm a fire fighter in Calif, summer doesnt lend much time to work on it.

The only thing left is to strip the paint and put a new coat on it.

Brent13

That is looking great, going to be brand-new when you get done with it. I had assumed you had welded the letters on? I would be wrong. I am now thinking I will weld the letters of the VIN on mine. I registered mine in Colorado as a "home-built" trailer. DMV gave me a VIN ID tag, but it would easily be removed by any thief.

Brent

Nick

Thanks. It should be better if I can find someone to paint it for a decent price. I got really lucky and bought mine from a guy that we had base camp for a fire set up on his property. I got it for 400 bucks. I have heard they go for upwards of a grand or so, depending on condition

M37Dodge

Value - if this was last Spring, (per GL) the M101 trailers sold for $300-400 w/o a tarp or wood sides, $500-650 with wood sides, and $700+ if had sides and tarp. Current pricesa are lousy (as a potential seller). I watched on Ebay a trailer w/ sides not sell for $425 twice. MV dealer prices tacked on an extra $300-500 per unit.

They can be picked up cheap now. Check GL - as they have the best prices being no mark up yet. That is where I got mine.

Nick

Do they sell the covers there too? I have all the sides, gates, and bows, but I need a canvass cover.

On another story I'm looking for the right brake lever also. Do they have that kind of stuff or is it just the whole trailers?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks