• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics? of singled 5 tons...

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I'll upgrade to a 5 ton before my deuce ever gets recovered.

Bigger IS better, right?

100dollarman

I think Daniel dm22630 was doing that this weekend?

I had heard from a couple of people that the centers on the 10 lug wheels coming out of OK were too small to fit the 5 tons.......Can anyone confirm or deny for sure???

I went ahead and got a set of 2 piece bolt together (Different from the OK wheels) 5ton wheels today for my 16.00-20 XZLs. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow-

Wheels, 16.00s, a cut down deuce bed to fit behind the tool box and spare tire holder (gonna lose the 5 th wheel hitch), and a paint job is what is in store for my M818!!!

I have an idea to use 2 M105 trailer beds cut and welded back together so I have frt/back wheel wells, but havent done any measuring yet! Has anyone done this yet???:grin:

dm22630

I had heard from a couple of people that the centers on the 10 lug wheels coming out of OK were too small to fit the 5 tons.......Can anyone confirm or deny for sure???

Whoever told you that is WROOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!

I bolted just the rim on to see how it would look 2 weeks ago on the front & rear. They fit fine.

I am flipping my rear hubs & JUST got my 4 3/8" axle nut socket today! So....as long as it doesnt rain all weekend, I will be putting the drums/hubs back on & will mount the 1600s.....I will post pics when I am done.

100dollarman

Whoever told you that is WROOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!

I bolted just the rim on to see how it would look 2 weeks ago on the front & rear. They fit fine.

I am flipping my rear hubs & JUST got my 4 3/8" axle nut socket today! So....as long as it doesnt rain all weekend, I will be putting the drums/hubs back on & will mount the 1600s.....I will post pics when I am done.

Great!

I think they were confused about exactly which wheel it was.

Thanks! Waiting for pics!

Now I am wondering if I am going to have flip my hubs. I dont think so. I'll get a tire on a wheel and see how it looks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks