• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics? of singled 5 tons...

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I'll upgrade to a 5 ton before my deuce ever gets recovered.

Bigger IS better, right?

100dollarman

I think Daniel dm22630 was doing that this weekend?

I had heard from a couple of people that the centers on the 10 lug wheels coming out of OK were too small to fit the 5 tons.......Can anyone confirm or deny for sure???

I went ahead and got a set of 2 piece bolt together (Different from the OK wheels) 5ton wheels today for my 16.00-20 XZLs. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow-

Wheels, 16.00s, a cut down deuce bed to fit behind the tool box and spare tire holder (gonna lose the 5 th wheel hitch), and a paint job is what is in store for my M818!!!

I have an idea to use 2 M105 trailer beds cut and welded back together so I have frt/back wheel wells, but havent done any measuring yet! Has anyone done this yet???:grin:

dm22630

I had heard from a couple of people that the centers on the 10 lug wheels coming out of OK were too small to fit the 5 tons.......Can anyone confirm or deny for sure???

Whoever told you that is WROOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!

I bolted just the rim on to see how it would look 2 weeks ago on the front & rear. They fit fine.

I am flipping my rear hubs & JUST got my 4 3/8" axle nut socket today! So....as long as it doesnt rain all weekend, I will be putting the drums/hubs back on & will mount the 1600s.....I will post pics when I am done.

100dollarman

Whoever told you that is WROOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!

I bolted just the rim on to see how it would look 2 weeks ago on the front & rear. They fit fine.

I am flipping my rear hubs & JUST got my 4 3/8" axle nut socket today! So....as long as it doesnt rain all weekend, I will be putting the drums/hubs back on & will mount the 1600s.....I will post pics when I am done.

Great!

I think they were confused about exactly which wheel it was.

Thanks! Waiting for pics!

Now I am wondering if I am going to have flip my hubs. I dont think so. I'll get a tire on a wheel and see how it looks.