• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of some inside cab "upgrades"

bigelk50

This Deuce is my father in laws baby. Him and I worked on these upgrades to make it a more enjoyable ride for him and family. The jump seat in the middle is for their dog.

There are two spring seat bases with bucket seats out of a Saturn. I believe believe the middle "jump" seat is out of a Nissan. The middle seat folds up and out of the way when not in use. Under the middle seat is a small tray to hold change and other misc. things. Two "Latte" holders swing out over the tray when pushed on. The bigger pipe holds 20 oz bottles. and there is a 12v outlet mounted there along with a fire ext.

We made a handle for getting up and down on the front bumper! It is a must!! We took a frame strap guide off of a donor truck cut it at an angle on purpose for hand ergonomics. Drilled through a small piece of flat bar, set our retaining nuts and welded from the back side and tacked the nuts also. used one existing hole to mount it and had to drill another.

Other things we did were install floor mats. Paint the the floor, back of cab and dash. Repainted the racks and added seat covers! I think that is about all we did. I will get a pic of the Latte holders open soon.

Attachments

bigelk50

Thanks guys! I was going to add that the license plate light is totally non visible unless your on your knees. The blue but connector is only to add wire to get it to wire # 21. We tied into wire #21 with a mil. spec "Y" connector! Now we have more mil spec connectors to take place of the blue one!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the grab handle idea - I'm gonna have to add that to mine, it's really hard to pull my fat butt up onto the bumper right now. That might help....

...and, possibly losing 20 pounds might too.

OD_Coyote

Hey Reub - That is a sweet looking setup. I really like the center console and the grab handle on the side of the grill. I plan on giving you a call tomorrow evening and I would like to talk with you about the center console in more detail.

bigelk50

Thanks for all the comments guys. The middle seat was out of a Nissan king cab. It came off the driver side behind the driver seat.

I my self need to loose the twenty pounds to get up there, but the handle is a lot easier!! hehehe:wink:

Chris Sounds good. Looking forward to talking to you! If any one has any other questions please ask.

We also made up a small piece of flashing that screws to the factory holes on the top of the door jam (with the door open). This has stopped all rain water from being blown into the cab. I will try to get the pics of that up soon. That truck is in Salem so its hard to get pics till this weekend.

bigelk50

I was going to add that the rear seat out of an s-10 pickup would work too. We had to build our own mounting base, but it works great!

baxter

Its good to see some out of the box thinking but still keeping things looking original I look forward to seeing the other pics. Keep up the good work.

Vaughn

bigelk50

Here is the pic of the cup holders open. This came out of the same truck as the jump seat did.
The second pic is hard to see cause it was taken at night. All That he did to make this was start with a piece of flat flashing and put a small "break" in it just past the door jam. Also put a bead of silicon on it when installing it. This will make the water run down the cab(or be blown onto) and hit the flashing. The silicon prevents it from entering the cab above the window. It will either drip off the flashing (if parked) or blow off of it if driving.

Attachments

tonidial

I must say it's inspiring: I used roll on bed-liner for the cab floor when I did the bed last summer, but I'm temped to paint it now! I like the seats! And the handle inspires copycat urges.....

bigelk50

Feel free to copy cat! Just make a small donation to the site if you feel guilty about copying! That is one of the great things about this site. Everyday you see new things that inspire you! Now if only money grew on trees!! hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks