• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent most of yesterday, hanging out with Jack at Jack's Gov Surplus in Tucson. He and I shared the cost of a truck to get our new Duece's from french camp home to AZ. I took one of his many M816's out for a spin, what a great truck, pristine from the AZANG.

I believe my new deuce may be an 83 or 84. Engine is a White LDT-465-1C with a "D" turbo built 12-83. Engine is un-rebuilt with 1700 or so hours on it. Runs beatiful. Can't read data plate, but it does have an AMG symbol on it. Speedo shows 1700 miles, it must have been replaced.

I took lots of pictures to share. I tried to get the rare stuff. And just other cool stuff.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Pics of Trip to Jack

Next time I am Tucson visting the relatives I now have a side trip planned. How are his prices?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are at least 25 5 ton wreckers, Gassers, Macks, Multifuels & Cummins. Many tractor wreckers as well. Most all in running condition or close to it.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Various WWII Trucks.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st truck looks to be an International with a crane.

2nd WWII truck is rare, it's a navy maint truck. It has a big compressor and arc welder in it. It is fully functional and has 1900 original miles on it. It's also still fully stocked with welding rods and equipment.

And 3rd a WWII tanker.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vasrious pics. Jack has 124 Choctaw Helicopters, Army, Navy were the ones I saw. Jack also has an extensive military tire operation. There's a pic of the tire yard with M127's ready to move.

Also, a row of very nice multi's.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is alot, hope you're all enjoying.

Various pics.

By the way, I only took pics in 2 of the 5 or 6 yards. Incredible!

Wade, yes most all is for sale, but not at junk prices.

Attachments

citizensoldier

wholy! wholy! cow!!! Thank you for posting pictures! Just when you think its all gone.. BANG! You see something like this.. How do we save some of this rare stuff? Some of that needs to be restored and in a museum somewhere..
Very nice to see and thanks for sharing. I would not exspect things to be scrap price but is he flexible and somewhat down to reality? By this will he work with you if its for a good cause?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More Various Pics. If you study the pics you can see all sorts of stuff in the background as well.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of what you see is in danger. Jack is probably one of the biggest colloectors in the US himself. There are around 1000 vehicles. As far as working with folks on price, before anything leaves his yard it goes through the shop and gets paint or whatever needed. He is not a parts house, only sells complete vehicles. Prices are what I would consider retail.

Anyway, he has lots & lots of GMC Deuces "Cadilac Deuces"

And a couple more Various Pics.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the last group.

It includes a Deuce Tipper & Burma Jeep.

Also, at the end of the day we went over to the Deuce and 5 Ton yard. I'll be back there in 2 weeks to get more shots.

There are many yards with airplanes in the area as well. DC-3's are a fav of mine. There was an F-111 in one, I'll get pics next time. Lots of old fighters and Cargo's.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! That's all I can really say about his collection!

If I had the money, and I don't, I'd be collecting all the old green iron I could get my hands on like he has. Look at all those meat wagons in that mess! Lots of Choctaws, I'm sure a warbird fanatic would love to buy a few of those!

Thanks for sharing these pics. Does this man have a website for his business?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, no website and no advertising. Amazing! The whole opperation is Jack and his son. Besides building restored vehicles for people, Jack takes care of many contractors in the southwest that run military trucks on ranches, mines and construction sites.

He also has 2 pristine M123's that I'll get shots of next time. He also has a full yard of CUCV's.

I've added a few more.

The 1st has a M35A1 with LD-427, it's the one with the fan showing sitting next to the M50.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of all things, I ran into a guy at a fuel stop the other day. He was commenting on my truck and spit out that he used to work for Jack at the yard. Small world I suppose. The first set of pics has that rare 5 ton crane that DD told about in MV Magazine. If he hasn't been by there maybe he'll want to make a trip. Between that and the other odd deuces including the V17 and V18 not to mention the Quickway, lots of unique stuff. Kevin, please take more pics and such. While in the deuce yard, see if you can find any M756A2 Oilfield trucks.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I spoke to jack once when I was looking for a shelter. He was very friendly and helpful compared to other places I have dealt with (Barstow truck). I wish his place was closer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks