• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

Wolf.Dose

To Atomic: Reomie ships worldwide. Just check the internet address, they also speak English, use the e-mail contacts memtioned on their side.

RavageRitual, they do not keep their collection rottening, they live on that stuff since 1950, so they try to sell as much as possible as soon as possible. However, the number of Deuce collectors in Europe is limited and the gas engines in the Deuces are not realy your purcses friends.
What you do not see on the pics, many of the Deuces during the years lost a lot of parts which have been sold, so these vehicles are mainly more or less complete vehicles to be canibalised, at least a good part of them.
In Europe the time is over since many, many years that the the civilian trucking needs a surplus truck. To our understanding, they are fuel unefficient, noisy and to heavy for their payload. European moden trucks are good for some 1 million to 1.5 million kilometers with 6 tons curb weight for a gross weight of 15 to 16 tons (to stay in the same curb weight class).

In the boxes are the relevant parts the keep the trucks running.

Wolf

RavageRitual

Oh I understand that completely. I was more talking about Jack's Gov. Surplus. I understand the desire to sell the truck whole, but if noone's buying them since they won't be sold as parts, then they will return to the earth. Or simply lower the price...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I understand that completely. I was more talking about Jack's Gov. Surplus. I understand the desire to sell the truck whole, but if noone's buying them since they won't be sold as parts, then they will return to the earth. Or simply lower the price...
Jack sells quite a few trucks and he also sells parts. He WILL NOT remove parts off a complete restorable truck though. His prices are fair also. I can't wait to go back.

usmctopgun

That's awesome, guess he got all the helos from Davis Monthan a few years back, that's a lots of scrapped helicopters!

Any clue what kind of helo that is right in the middle of his main yard? Its the only helo there, it's a giant whatever it is.

Preacherboy

I am going to see Jack again tomorrow, I gave him a call today about what I wanted...super nice guy!

My wife likes the m37 ambulances. His prices seem pretty fair to me. I will let you know how my visit there goes.

Preacherboy

I don't understand the yards that keep these badass collections to just see them rot... Is it mainly to say "look at all my cool ****" and then it just rusts and returns to the earth? Makes me sad, but I guess it's their choice to do as they will with what they bought.

Jack told me that if he has something there in his yard he wanted it more than anyone else and he paid for it to get hauled there and he wants to make money...it is his stuff, and he has got to make a living.

So, he can charge what he wants!

Gunfreak25

Jack is a good guy, affectionately refers to me as the "jimmy deuce guy" in Yuma. He loved the old GMC's, he has over 25 of them but used to have hundreds when they were popular.

Hightechken

Thanks for the great photos of Jack's yard! Even more reason for me to plan an extended winter getaway to Arizona away from the north cold, Snow, And Ice!

Preacherboy

I dug out a hmmwv rea bumper there today! Good fair price on it too. If there is something that you want call him up, he will probably have it. Jack is a super nice guy, talked to him for awhile today and he told me all about how he got started...1 m37!

My plan is to mount the bumper on my 1998 Suburban and then put a tire swing out on it someday. Get the rear end all military so that I can pull my m101a2 with LED's to work off of my 12 volt system.

Wolf.Dose

For those who may be did not understand my last post in full: If you need Reo parts, 2 1/2, 5 or 10 ton class. One of the best addresses worldwide is probably www.reomie.nl to be contacted. They have 100's of tons of surplus parts, NOS and new made. In Europe it is the main address for Reo parts, if you do not find the parts somewhere else (and many other dealers buy at reomie).
I do not have any benefits from that, it is just to try to help the members on this side to keep their trucks running.
By the way, many governments supplied with US military aid keep their aid running with the surplus of Reomie.
Wolf
Need a new MB body, ask Reomie. Need a new M38 body, aske reomie. Etc., Etc.

svan

OK - just checking. There IS a heaven - it is located in Arizona - and it run by a guy named Jack. Alright, think it is time to visit the nephew in Phoenix and make a side trip.

MacDiesel43

I am moving to Tucson in 2 months I'm getting stationed at DM I hope this guy is still around and has some M1008s around lookin to buy one.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure I have ever seen such a veriety of stuff before and I mean anywhere there is a lot of beautiful opportunities in this group!
KK