• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pimp my ride - MV style...or lack thereof...

rizzo

Re: RE: Pimp my ride - MV style...or lack thereof...

builder77 said:
Look at picture #3. You can see where the axles went. They are under the chevy blazer he took those axles from. "For fuel economy" my ass. He bought that M35 for the axles, and is now selling it mutilated carcass. I just wonder what he screwed up to fit those axles under there.
that is what I was going to say

jh1990

must...make...it...go...away Thats very very very very very very very very, extremely disturbing...I'm scared for life, Oh the madness, the humanity. What has the world come to? Since when did we let commies anywhere near our trucks!

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I think a dually wheeled Edsel dump truck would be more appealing.

Any bets on whether the tires are "Z rated Run Flats?"

The Volkswagen commercial from early last year would come in handy here. The one where the German scientist drops something like a '57 International Harverster combine on it and turns it into a decorative art coffee table for the introverts at the local Starbucks.

Veee Dub, Representing Deutchland

SierraHotel

Yeah, it's sick...sad and homicidal. However, for $100.00, I’d take it if I was on the left coast. For parts if nothing else. Don’t think I’d drive it around, though…to embarrassing. I like the stares I currently draw, not sure I could handle the roll on the floor laughing or the retching…

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I been to three marrins', four buryins', three rodeos and a goat roping....but I ain't seen nothin like that :!: :!: :cookoo:
This is proof positive that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race at an alarming rate. :roll:
Shoot me full of nails and call me Rusty.

mangus580

Yanno, the shame of the whole thing is, that he is lying about why the axles were swapped. Honestly... had he just said "Hey, I have this deuce for sale, but I wanted the axles... so I put these on it to keep it rolling...."

he wouldnt be catching this crap :)

jeli

The axles are a little light but if I calculated it right 3.08 gears, 30" tires, and an .85 overdrive gets you 88 mph at 2600 rpm. Not my cup of tea but thought provoking none the less.

If you replaced the whole drive train with a big block, aluminum case trans, aluminum case Tcase, loose the inter axle, use 1 ton axles, and bob it to an 8' bed I bet the empty weight could get down to 8500 lbs. Don't ask me what you'd do with it though!!!!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No kidding Mikey. I would like to see him drive it around some. That old 10-bolt might make it out of the lot and then grenade at the next stop sign. I blew one all to crap with 33" tires, a tired 6.2L, and the weight of a CUCV. With 3.73 gears in the 10-bolts that multifuel would be loping along at 65mph. I'd hate to make a panic stop with those dinky drums and discs. Holy shat!!

JDToumanian

YUCK!!! Sure makes the "Malibu Deuce" look good, eh?

FWIW, I'm not too far from the seller, so if there are any serious buyers here, I can take a look for you... :lol:

It looks to me like the Rockwells are not actually installed in that Blazer, just sitting behind it... This truck could still be put back together.

Jon

Attachments