• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauers for sale somewhere ???

Silverback

Those might not be Pinzys, they could be the M1078 FMTv Sf vehicles, which look an awful lot like the Pinzy. I haven't found the post where the full view M1078 is shown, but I will post a pic as soon as I find it. Dan.

B3.3T

Maybe "Pinzgauers" For certain, those are spec ops Pinzgauers as used by SAS, Marines and D-boys.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I read the ORIGNAI post as ARE PINZs GOING TO BE SOLD BY GL or GO UP FOR AUCTION (A QUESTION), NOT THAT PINZs were being put on auction, or they were up for auction, this is just like when I asked CRANETRUCK IF THE M88 in the background of one of his 109 recovery pics was a auction item.

A question is not posting auction info, it is just like someone who reviews a truck, at X base and sees 30 m820s, and says "wow gl just got in 30 m820s, I wonder when they will go up for bid, sure would make someone a nice camper" THESE ARE NOT ACTIVE AUCTIONS, we cant talk about active auctions. Minimum bid talk about going from $150 to $25 should not be talked about because if everybody knows about the change , more people will bid because it will be easier to bid, thus raising the price to the person that thought they would get a cheap bid because of the $25 minimum

Last edited:

KsM715

And your point? If you have a problem with someone elses post in another thread go there and have at it. Why here? The mods have already taken care of this one.

Or use the report post button if you dont feel like you can come right out and say it.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
And your point? If you have a problem with someone elses post in another thread go there and have at it. Why here? The mods have already taken care of this one.

Or use the report post button if you dont feel like you can come right out and say it.
BECAUSE if you read the post as it was intended AS A QUESTION (which is with in the rules) with NOTHING to do with a ACTIVE or even UPCOMMING auction and not be so QUICK to to jump in and start yelling RULE BREAKER, RULE BREAKER . if your right your right , BUT in this case YOU ARE WRONG and were to quick to jump.

KsM715

In the original post the OP posted pictures then and stated "these are current auction pics". The rule as I read it says DO NOT post pictures of current or up coming auctions.
Thats why he went back and edited it and the MOd came in and edited the title too. If he wasnt in violation I would expect the Mods to leave it alone and send a message to me that I am wrong. They didnt.

In your reference to your cranetrucks photos, you say his pics were in a recovery thread, so those pics were posted AFTER the auction ended. No violation. Thats the point Im trying to get across to people, if you want to talk about somthing interesting, wait till the auction is over THEN discuss it.

Ive gottn the PM from mods about my posts being deleted for breaking the rules. I accept it and move on.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
he was asking a question about STUFF in the BACK GROUND of the pic. WAS THIS STUFF EVER GOING TO GO TO AUCTION, that is within the rules. are you saying that this type of NON auction question CAN NOT be asked

the title was changed to a wrong title," PINZs for sale somewhere" is wrong because thay were NOT for sale, that is what the question was about in the first place, before you jumped

Last edited:

KsM715

Well that depends on how the Mods want to interprit that. Say Gimpy knew the pinz were going to GL and going to be on the auction block, if he were to answer "yes" I think it would be a violation. He would be discussing upcoming auctions. If he said "I dont know" then thats a Mods call. The pictures are a definate violation if the auction for those items has not ended. If he had waited till that particular auction for those items were over, we would not be having this conversation.

I am positive that if I saw something in the background of a pic of say a M151 at GL and asked about that something, the thread would get axed.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
give it a rest auction police. all you do is b***h and moan about people breaking the rules. if you want to enforce the rules, talk to someone about becoming a mod so you can edit the posts yourself instead of fighting with everyone about it. but until then, let them break the rules and get banned.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am not for breaking the rules, this is not my site, most of the time KsM715 is right, I just think in this case he jumped to quick , (didn't see the intent of the first post before it was changed) but that's my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, we all have one just like a --- ----

KsM715

I post up so the OP's can change their post BEFORE a Mod reads it and deletes it and puts one strike against them.

I have no desire to be a Mod. I have contacted the site owner on this very subject rule violations and Ill post it here for you to read:

[/IMG] Re: The rules
Jeff,

You are welcome for the site and the 3 trucks in your driveway. I suggest you buy 3 more for yourself for Christmas! :razz:

I appreciate you keeping an eye out on the site for rule-breaking posts. The mods stay pretty busy trying to keep up with all the new posts and may not see a bad one for a day or two. Please feel free to point the member to the Forum Rules page if you feel inclined. Most new members respond well to polite warnings from more seasoned members. If you don't feel comfortable saying anything, then hit the report post button and we will get on it ASAP.

Thanks again.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsM715
Chris, first off let me thank you for this great wealth of information of a web site.

I have one problem though and I would like to hear from you how you want to deal with this situation. My pet peve is people posting about active GL/GSA listings. I was guilty of it myself when I was new to this site but after being informed of the rule by other member in the thread I had posted in I understand the reason and agree 100% with why you have this rule. However I would like to know from you how you would like us (other members) to deal with it when we see it happen. When I see a post breaking the rule I reply and let them know we (you) have a rule against what they have done. This has caused some hearthburn among other members. I want to know how you feel about it. Do you want us to: 1. politely let the member know he is breaking the rule 2. click on the report post button and let you or the mods handle it. or 3. leave it alone and just see if you or one of the mods catch it.

It bugs me when ever I see someone break the rule, not just when I plan on bidding on that item but whenever someone posts about any active listing.

Thanks
Jeff

PS I blame you and this site for the 3 trucks taking up space in my driveway:razz:

Edit: That was a PM from SteelSoldiers to me on 12-12-09. Close to a year ago.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, I am really sick of this crap.

I think we've (I've) explained the rules abundantly.

Break em? Get banned.

Try to sneak around them? Yeah, we'll probably ban you for that too.

This is just ridiculous. I hate being this blunt but it's almost like if you try to treat people nice and respectfully all they do is run you over.

That ain't gonna' happen.

So I guess now we're going to do it the not so nice and respectful way.

You post up something that's against the rules? 3 day ban.

Do it again, it's permanent.

Come back under a new username, we'll catch you and ban you again.

give it a rest auction police. all you do is b***h and moan about people breaking the rules. if you want to enforce the rules, talk to someone about becoming a mod so you can edit the posts yourself instead of fighting with everyone about it. but until then, let them break the rules and get banned.
I for one, appreciate the help of members (not just Ks715). The sheer # of threads that are posted daily make it impossible for me or the other mods to catch everything.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i dont have a problem with you enforcing the rules. and as chris said "Most new members respond well to polite warnings from more seasoned members"

you give a polite warning at first, but then you stick around watching the thread and continue to fight with everyone about it. instead of fighting, just report it.

KsM715

If the member is "on" when I see the thread I post and give a chance for them to change it. If they are "off" I post up and report it. Who ever decides to change it from there is up to whoever gets there first, The OP or the Mod.

If people wouldnt feel like they have to argue with me about someone elses post we wouldnt have this ongoing problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks