• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauers for sale somewhere ???

TACTICAL6

Guys.... my ignorance started this whole thing. There was no mal-intent with my original post. I was merely pointing out some unusual vehicles that I thought may be of interest to fellow STEEL SOLDIERS.

Point well taken.....

KsM715, my apologies for the jousting.... a little tact goes a long way.:lol:

KsM715

No harm done, We're good.

We can end it here, I think we've got it all hashed out either here or thru PM's

:rant: (wish I could meke that smiley permanently off)

Silverback

I will get more info tomorrow on the M1078 SF model, I had several buddies from 5th group at the show today, I will make sure they see the pics of the Pinzy as well and see if they can shed any light on the subject. They tend to get cool stuff nobody else can get their hands on, though sometimes they can't or won't talk about what they use. I will post what info I can tomorrow night.

KsM715

I know in '96 over in Kuwait the SF HMMWV's were stripped down lightweight versions with no doors or tops and had a Speedo with a tripmeter mounted on the pass side. Easier for the navigator to navigate that way.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I can say for sure they are Pinzies . I posted pics of I believe the same trucks in my thread on my SOCOM Pinz. that I got from Bluegrass station as scrap and am re-building. I talked with the "GURU" of Pinz's dsd277 Dave in Cal. owns one of a very few 716TD pinz's in the country.
There were about 10 or so that I took pics of at BGS a few months back,and he positively I.D'd
them as early Turbo Diesel units. We speculated about their fate and he said (as I suspected)they will get made into 'CORN FLAKES" at some point as they can't be sold in this country as they
do not meet DOT and emissions standards for their model years,a catch 22 that sent over 50 of the Land Rover defender based Land Rover defender 110's used by the Rangers to be sent to the shredder.
I wish they would pull the engines and sell the rest for parts or scrap or something ,instead of mulching them into garbage. The bottom line is ,it would suite the powers at be if we got none of there neat toys and it ALL was scraped into lil bitty pieces!!! Then no rational thinking person could ask the common sense question : .............WHY?Why be so WASTEFUL?
I feel it will be the eventual un-doing of the country we all Love so much......2cents

popacom / BILL in KY.:-?

Last edited:

Silverback

popacom, I agree with you on our gov't being wasteful, they destroy so many things that could be sold, or give them away to foreign gov't, to "protect" us. I did some more looking last night at different Pinz models and you guys are absolutely correct, they are Pinzgauers.

unit880

I have no idea what a "pinz" really is after reading these posts, but I think I have a good grasp of the rule about GL auctions.

Anyway, judging from the building in the background, that's Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio. I know, because I've bid on and lost many trailer auctions that originate with that same building in the background. :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are Pinzgauers and they sold last week at GL WPAFB. I watched one go up to $6,400 before I quit watching.

The auction is over so I'm safe.

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks