• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pitmaster T Explores - The MKT

pitmaster t

Well its here. MY MKT.... after working on it for two three days, inventory, storing duplicate and redundant parts, scrubbing the canopy that no one ever stored right, doing things wrong even though I have a stack of manuals that is about 32 inches high (6 of them are MBU burner Manuals with untouched maintenance kits -- you know... the sensors, filters and gaskets and such). Then cooking on it.... the griddle after I seasoned it was a dream - hooking my therms to get the oven/burner settings right.... and taking a few hours to place everything in the trailer where and how it goes.... I have one thing to say.

It is its own fitness program.

I love it though.... even those worn out pawls on the jacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is0SEMxokx0

Attachments

pitmaster t

So let's see... I am missing the little spacer that seats the can opener.... on my netting..... for some **** reason I have 5, count them 5 of the three bay sets that go on the sides.... 3, small nets and NO marge end piece which is four bay. If anyone can explain that let me know.

I have two sets of wires for the burners.. two sets of Deuce hook ups for 24 volt, a stupid amount of forks, spoons and stuff.... heck... I am a caterer and its too much.... oh.... and one entire set of M59 shelving... I assume each range gets the three shelves.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I certainly hope some new tires are in the near future. Looks like everything is going good. Save those extras for tradin' material!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice looking trailer so clean and bright.. that takes alot of scrubbing. has anyone used the aluna bright type cleaner that makes it all super bright and shinny? dont know if it would eat the paint from underneath or not

pitmaster t

Thanks so much guys. I am chuckling at how thorough the manual is on these... while the one component I need, on which mosquito netting goes where, it says refer to the Army Code 4 doo dad. I see one on line that is supposed to be complete and even it has a section that does not bind up right. LOL

trooper632

Man that thing looks awesome, I might have to give up buying CUCV's for a while and get one of those, Did it come with all the hardware, I'm sure most do not. And what's the going rate for those.

pitmaster t

Hold it... I have packed them up in the trailer where they are supposed to be and cannot get to them but I think maybe the manual Page 0056-00-12 may be misleading. It looks like from pictures of complete sets (supposing they are legit) online that this trailer uses the three bay screen (End Large) as both for the sides (which do fit) and at least one end. So 3 sides. Then you use the Small ends on the end you are entering?

Someone have a pic to help me out?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am confused too.. anyone have a diagram of the scree set up. i thought 2 large and 2 small but now im thinking that is wrong need to look at more pics

pitmaster t

Man that thing looks awesome, I might have to give up buying CUCV's for a while and get one of those, Did it come with all the hardware, I'm sure most do not. And what's the going rate for those.
I want to be prudent cuz I am new and would be glad to give you those details privately. If I can say prices, someone let me know. I remember reading we cannot post auctions or be banned so I don't want that.

Please Pm me. As for the rest, God blessed me on this one... I have all sorts of extra stuff. I have no cold weather anything... skirts, vent thing... but do have the side curtains.

I had forgotten what new army canvas smelled like with the treatment chems on it. What is it they used?

I even got two water bags. LOL

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can post closed auction, prices, pictures, locations and whatever, just not current active or future auctions.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walls and screens sets consist of three different lengths of sections. The long side ones have 15 clips on the top, and there should be two of them, the intermediate end walls (again two each) with the words "Fire Exit" have seven clips on the top, and the final two in each set have five clips on the top. Hope this helps to identify them for you. BTW, the 'fire exit' sign should wind up in the middle of the end wall when installed correctly.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that does help.. i need to unfold what i have and then put on complete kit in my trailer. is it the same for the weather sides? the solid ones for the rain?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two sets of wires for the burners.. two sets of Deuce hook ups for 24 volt, a stupid amount of forks, spoons and stuff.... heck... I am a caterer and its too much.... oh.... and one entire set of M59 shelving... I assume each range gets the three shelves.
The three shelves are the auxiliary baking set. Heavy steel piece goes in the bottom of the M-59 where the pot rack rides, sheet with chains hangs from the four tabs that you can see with the hinged top opened (longer part to the back). This is the sheet you actually place the flat pans on to bake, and the one with the cutouts in it goes on the top between the tabs - it's to support the pan that you are 'proofing' (letting the yeast rise the biscuits/bread) before it's baked. The baking set is not part of the BII for the M-59 or the MKT, so you lucked out on them!

I distinguish the wall/screen sections by the number of clips they have along the top (15, 7, and 5) and I call them long, intermediate and short. Do you have any of the wall standouts (a stainless pole about 4 feet long with a smaller tip) - there should be 8 of them to hold the bottoms of the side walls out in rainy weather to let air into the MKT with the screens inside (and clipped to the bottom) to discourage flying insects from adding to the meal.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on the unit, MKT's could be equipped with double the BII of food, drink, water containers and utensils. This is because they were supporting many platoon or smaller units scattered over a dispersed area. They cooked the food in a central place and then sent one cook or one KP out to the outposts to actually serve the meals. They could be serving seven or eight remote locations plus the central group, and would need utensils enough to use all at the same time. That's my guess! (Two food - one hot, one cold; two drink, and one water can, plus utensils and consumables/condiments per stop)

pitmaster t

Now that I have the all clear I can advise you of what I did, which may or may not be for you. I bought one on ebay for 2600. It the the best pictures I saw but mostly I paid for it because I confirmed it had the burners and because I could get it without the EUC rigmarole.

I am a caterer but also a teacher... so I new I had the summer off and it was worth the extra money I am paying to have it sooner so I could do most of the Bogart work this summer, when I had the time.

I feel I was blessed as other than the netting - which I really do not have to use and have plenty of duplicate new netting I don't need, I have everything... other than a gen set and battery charger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks