• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pix of my Super Singles

spicergear

Something else you guys might want to consider is that the drop side beds to the outside of the bedrail is 1" PER SIDE more narrow than a std non-drop side bed. The like six hinges are about 1" wide though. Visually...the drop side looks better fitting, TECHNICALLY...both beds are the same width if you count the drop side hinges. I noticed this when I swapped beds and could see just a little of the rear duals and hadn't seen that before.

rice

I would think the simplest way for a wider track would be a wheel modification. I'd use newer tubeless wheels and modify them for the track I wanted.

Lax

Wouldn't flipped hubs do the trick to get everything on the same track?

Does this hold true for Budd wheels so I can get rid of the split rimed wheels. Can I get Budd wheels and flip them as a win-win or not. This is driving nucking futs! :lol:

1ton

About cutting and stretching the axles, I remember HRD doing something along those lines. However the more i think about it the more i think he was just trying to center the 3rd member on a steer Axel for use in the rear but i don't have time to search right now. Look for Wide-Track axle in the Deuce Modding forum.

Lax

Someone raised a great question or had a great idea. Why not just use the A3 setup? They are a stock Supper Single design. Can the A3 wheels and tires be used on the A2?? That should take care of all the problems I think. Radial tires, no split rim (I think), good tire design. The only question is can a direct swap take place? Take one set off, put the others on and get on down the road. :roll:

What do you guys think?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3 setup?

Hey Lax, if you find a source for good takeout A3 wheels&tires, let me know!... and don't tell anyone else :), everybody wants them!

They perfectly fit on A2 axles, wheel offset or backspace is exactly the same as standard 7.5x20 M35 wheel: 10.5 ". Rear hubs have to be flipped and power steering would be nice. But if you could get A3 axles, make that CTIS system work, and....... (just dreaming)
I' guess, we would have to make a trip to the big sandbox to collect all those goodies for little $$$ and ...hopefully come back safe and sound!

Gerhard

FSBruva

Lax-

That's a great idea, but you're not so smart as to be the only one who has ever thought about it. The problem lies in the cost and availability of A3 wheels. None to be had surplus yet, and the company that makes them for the government quoted one member an exorbitant price for selling to the public... standby for linky...

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4228&highlight=hayes

Matt

P.S. The search function is a wonderful thing...

Lax

Okay. I'll just sneak back to my dog house with my tail between my legs. Sorry.

Hey, I'm just an idea guy. It's up to you guys to make it happen. I can't do everything you know!! :lol:

FSBruva

Hehehe... no worries Lax. I didn't mean to chastize (well, maybe a little bit), but I did want to point out that with now 86 pages of threads in deuce, there is a lot of information that's already been discussed. So, nothing wrong with adding to an old thread, either, if you have a good idea!!

Matt

Lax

Matt,
Recieved and point taken. I'm kind of new to this so I did not know about the other threads. I should have looked a little harder. Sorry.

This must be a topic of great interest because of the amount of people taking part in these threads. That's a good sign. Thanks again Matt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks