• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Kaiserjeeps

I have been wanting to post this video. It was walking between the parade staging line up from front to back. I had to take a nap as it took a while to upload.
I am not impressed by my cameras image stabilization.

I have showed the pictures to quite a few people. Every body wants to go, it's funny.

I took a few special effects to see what the camera would do. Fish eye, drawing and three pic auto stitch. If we ever get a sticker or a hat. I may have something.

Now where is that volley ball?:mrgreen: I'm heading up there in a week it looks like Aaron.
I send you a PM in a bit.

Sure had fun.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-c0a7dG38s[/media]

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep!
I sure am glad I am on the 'did it' side of the line this year, rather than the 'wish'd I did it' side.
:driver: Racking up the miles in the '5 Ton"

Hammer

Nice little vid there Al! Feel like you got a workout walking that long line of vehicles? :)
If something like that doesn't make people want to show up for next year, I am not sure what will!

Might have been Canada that got his rear in the picture, but the Kids were giving my truck the double thumbs up, that's all that really matters.......8)

OK maybe it was REO 54, but when I tell the story it gonna be me......
The "Thumbs Up" from the kids were because of the "MONSTER DECAL" on the front bumper I think, the truck was awsome looking though! Thanks again for the hospitality on the way out to the 2010 PNW Campout and Convoy. It was good meeting you and everyone at Napavine in the Chechalis River Valley.

Hammer

Ok guys, that gunk you put in the tank of my 818 was NOT atf!
atf doesn't smoke like that. What else was in that stuff?

I took the truck out yesterday to fill up, and I guess I was fully running on the stuff you guys dumped in there.
I am fairly certain I was leaving a thicker cloud of smoke then the rest of the convoy COMBINED!

Guess the compression and how the multi fuel works really burns it off a LOT better then the cummins does!

Varyag

"mostly" ATF.

I am sure there was some gear oil and such mixed in too but it had a red tinge to it. Yeah, I must have asked 4 times if it was OK to put it in that thing. You really didn't get that much though. I think it was 10 gallons total. I ran through 70 gallons of that stuff for my whole trip and then the 2 trips to work (100 miles) that I ran the truck after that.

Last edited:

Josh

I think I gave Ed 4 cans of it. but when you left the movie hammer. they had to wait for the smoke to clear to continue filming rofl

Hammer

I don't doubt it Josh. I knew it started smoking on the way down there as it started using fuel from that tank. And by the time I was moving it around for the director, I was puffing out some clouds of crap!
I have burned some junk in here before, but it only smoke a little bit compared to this!
Heck, I was looking forward to 'mostly' atf! I think by the time you gave me my part it was down to the 'mostly' gear oil! ;)

I think I will drain it and run that stuff on the deuces. Then get some clean diesel back in there for a while. Give the ol girl a break from her smoking binge ;)

Varyag

Bah, the refills on one of those barrels is garbage. I am going to bring it back next week. Really bad water contamination. I am glad that bunch was good for the deuces at least... even though Josh's deuce got detoxed by the stuff and croaked.

Josh

It's in the middle of dying. My in tank pump died and combine that with the air leak it's taking a shot of brake cleaner or something flammable to make it start. Total loss of power even on diesel. I really need to fix the fuel system and going to try and it get done Sunday. Anyone got an intank pump for sale? Also to replace the fuel lines from the tank to the ip , is there a kit or just take some copper tubes and some compression fittings and go to town?

Hammer

Maybe it was just the fuel pump kicking the bucket the whole time, and not a leak?
What is the pump doing now? Just not coming on?
If that is it, check the fuse for it. If it was the older style 3 amp, change it out for a 4 or 5 amp fuse (MUST be a slow blow fuse.)

If the pump is bad, and you find more then one, let me know. I need a pump for the bobbed truck.

As for fuel line, yup, copper tubing and go for it.

Josh

The fuse tested good but the funny thing is it's a 250v 3amp fuse? I need to look at the tm tomorrow as I'm in the middle of no where using my phone to type this

I'll see what I can come up with Ed.

wsucougarx

Now what Josh? Looks like it time for that 5 ton you wanted. LOL, this thread is turning into the energizer bunny....just keeps going on and on and on....:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks