• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Stan Leschert

I want to thank the lot of you, for posting the pictures, and the video. This run is still on my "Must Do List!" I am only the keeper of the M-135, and I think that she would be really punished by the run down there, but I'm going to try to fire up the bike, and get down there for the next one!

WARNING, Col. Carter is now roaming your part of the woods, and hopefully next year, we can get him an M-38 to show up with. He wanted to be there, but his assignment on one of our securtiy installations, would not allow the time frame.

I want to thank the lot of you, for posting the pictures, and the video. This run is still on my "Must Do List!" I am only the keeper of the M-135, and I think that she would be really punished by the run down there, but I'm going to try to fire up the bike, and get down there for the next one!

WARNING, Col. Carter is now roaming your part of the woods, and hopefully next year, we can get him an M-38 to show up with. He wanted to be there, but his assignment on one of our securtiy installations, would not allow the time frame.
PM'd John Carter, and will send you and him pictures and video of the Arlington and PNW 2010 events as soon as the better half fixes them on a DVD. Rode as an assistant driver with odnorth ( A Canadian) in his deuce on the convoy. It was very much appreciated by me. Thanks again Rob!! What a beautiful truck and a real good fast runner. Have a good day and take care. elkhunter "CHEERS"!

Anyone who was at the 2010 PNW in Washington and wants pictures and video of Arlington show and campout can PM me and Ill send you copies of both. I don't want to take away from anyone else's thunder of their pictures or videos but I think the more pictures and videos of this would be a good thing. Sorry we are late. Will try to post some pictures and video today. This whole 2 weeks in Washington was a "HOOT"!! We will be back next year. Hope Aaron is taking reservations? As always, elkhunter aka Walt

Stalwart

Elk, did you get any videos of me running the Scorpion at Arlington? Sorry I missed the camp-out but we have just too much stuff to do. The HEMTT isn't fully unloaded yet from Arlington and we had a quick and close Shelby get together that was just too easy not to pass up.

Last edited:
Elk, did you get any videos of me running the Scorpion at Arlington? Sorry I missed the camp-out but we have just too much stuff to do. The HEMTT isn't fully unloaded yet from Arlington and we had a quick and close Shelby get together that was just too easy not to pass up.
Hello again! May have some video, we have all the pictures on discs now, starting on 3 cameras with video, if we do I;ll let you know ok? elk

That sounds great Elk, thanks!
We are going thru the last two videos tomorrow night for the Arlington Air Show and Military Vehicle Parade and the 2010 PNW Campout and Convoy and Parade. What I have at this time is excellent footage and the pictures are awsome if I may say so. Again if anyone needs a copy just email me (PM) and I'll get back to you in short order. They are real neat!!! elkhunter

Catron

Holy Cow!

How did I miss this? Looks like I live about a mile down the road from Aaron on 8th ave. in Napavine.

I've been dying to find some local enthusists so I have a starting point for a new toy. With so many locals and me being from Onalaska you'd thought I would have ran into someone by now.

Aaron I may have to swing by and pick your brain and talk trucks. Have you managed to sell that jeep yet? I saw it sitting out front this summer.

By the way, my name is Caleb Catron, local to ony, live in Napavine. 5 yr vet of US Army MP'S 2001-2006 Iraq, and Cuba.

Greetings all :mrgreen:

ABN173

Holy Cow!

How did I miss this? Looks like I live about a mile down the road from Aaron on 8th ave. in Napavine.

I've been dying to find some local enthusists so I have a starting point for a new toy. With so many locals and me being from Onalaska you'd thought I would have ran into someone by now.

Aaron I may have to swing by and pick your brain and talk trucks. Have you managed to sell that jeep yet? I saw it sitting out front this summer.

By the way, my name is Caleb Catron, local to ony, live in Napavine. 5 yr vet of US Army MP'S 2001-2006 Iraq, and Cuba.

Welcome Caleb, How did you miss this indeed! We pretty much occupied Napavine by force with 25+ trucks on the convoy. Just ask any bycyclist on the race we gassed them out pretty good considering half the guys there were running waste fuels in thier multi engines.

-Dale

Last edited:

Catron

Welcome Caleb, How did you miss this indeed! We pretty much occupied Napavine by force with 25+ trucks on the convoy. Just ask any bycyclist on the race we gassed them out pretty good considering have the guys there were running waste fuels in thier multi engines.

-Dale

I hide in the brush so I keep a watchful eye on my house. LOL that's how I missed out.

Actually I work a rotating shift so I was sleeping when you guys were taking over the town...I cops had the town closed down so I went out to my dads in Ony to kick my dog instead of fighting all the people.

Holy Cow!

A big howdy from "Montana" !! Welcome to OD FEVER(Green Fever) Great site and a great bunch of guys and gals. I went tto the PNW 2010 there and it was a whole bunch of fun. Coming back next year!! elkhunter

AaronW

welcome

I hide in the brush so I keep a watchful eye on my house. LOL that's how I missed out.

Actually I work a rotating shift so I was sleeping when you guys were taking over the town...I cops had the town closed down so I went out to my dads in Ony to kick my dog instead of fighting all the people.
Hey Caleb! Nice to see you are super close. A rotating shift, hmmmmm Cardinal?

Catron

Hey Caleb! Nice to see you are super close. A rotating shift, hmmmmm Cardinal?

Nopers...look out at your meter..the name that is stamped on that "property of"

When the lights go out, we come a running...well more like strolling, but we show up at some point. rofl

Posting some pictures today of PNW 2010 Campout,Convoy, etc. Sending AaronW extra copies of all pictures and video. If you need any kick in something in the kitty for the prizes for the awards for the 2011 PNW. See AaronW for them!! Hope thats ok guys. We need more prizes for different things affialiated with the event! We also need a bugler for Revelle in the morning! Thanks again AaronW and Amber and to all who attended. Will post a few more teaser pictures in thee next 24 hours. Stay tuned!! Sorry this is late. All pictures and video are on DVD so they can be seen on guess what? TV!! elkhunter

Last edited:

Jeepn_girl

Here are the little videos I was able to take on my phone when we did the Off-Road Event on Sunday. Sorry it took me so long to get them up....

Enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghljggAJAi0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tFj501p0M8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3tLnKLssM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_TwEc3zoE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZiWqB6DMs[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWEPYrwlr2w[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhDAql_7PQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngMueulouk[/media]
(sorry James, but I don't know what your handle is on here...)

No one got up that hill. Heck "I" had a slip & slide adventure just trying to walk up the silly thing! We will have to go back there and try to do it again. And no, in that one clip, that wasn't smoke/exhaust. We were up pretty high in the mountains and that was part of a cloud. :D

Hammer

Ends up that my brakes were sticking, and in those videos you can see the lights are on a lot!
Not that I think it would have made THAT much difference. But it did make the sprague act weird.
Still, it was fun, and we need to go back up there again.