• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Hammer

Not sure if the little genset will power it.
If it isn't slave cable powered, then is it the gas fired engine driven pump?

To be perfectly honest, they are kind of a PITA to get primed the first time with WMO. And they are NOT a good pump for smaller amounts (like a 55 gallon barrel). But if you want to pump a 275 gallon tote, they will do it in a very short amount of time!
It will collapse any weaker hoses. It almost collapsed those one I got from Brad! And they are some TOUGH hoses!

Of course, if I had the 920, I could easily make the trip to CA and load up Danielle' deuce and bring it all home. If not, I will load it up and haul it with the 818, but that will be a LOT slower of a trip...

Varyag, I will NOT be putting any of that 'stuff' in my 5 ton again! I tried to thin it out with diesel and it STILL made TONS of smoke in the 818.
Stuff was great in the deuce though!

Hammer

Funny chapter huh? ;)
Like how I smoked out the movie set and they had to wait for the smoke to clear to continue shooting? And this was a cheap, low budget B movie, and even THEY waited!
Still, ran great in the deuces, so no complaints on the free fuel! I should have just refrained from putting it in the 818....

As for the pumps, if you are pumping out totes, they are AWESOME!
But not only are they overkill for smaller stuff, they are a bit of a pita to prime, then the amount left in the pump and hoses is a considerable amount! Personally, I just connect the hoses together and leave the oil in them. Makes priming faster, and less mess and cleanup.

Josh

Hopefully this year we can do some real offroading. Those hillclimbs where fun as ****. And if we found some dried up land to play on, I can bring a few thousand gallons of water with me. :driver:

Hammer

Scott, you need to fab up a frame mounted snack tray.
You know, all that time spent as an ostrich hiding your head under the deuce, you might as well enjoy a snack while you are there!

srodocker

Scott, you need to fab up a frame mounted snack tray.
You know, all that time spent as an ostrich hiding your head under the deuce, you might as well enjoy a snack while you are there!
hehe i do dont I. just realized this was for the convoy not the mini rally! hahaha. im sure brad has something for that heheh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks