• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

srodocker

hahaha do it wolf!

also if anyone is up towards me in tacoma/lakewood will be in the car show at Summerfest. just saw a couple strykers pass me on the way to pressure wash the truck hehe

Josh

All those of you wanting to roll up from the south. Im good to either leave friday night, or saturday morning. Id prefer to leave friday, But we can works something out. To make it to Aarons before 9am from portland means leaving around 6:30ish or so. Leaving friday night @ around 7pm , there is normally No traffic, and the freeways are pretty clear to keep the right lane all to ourselves.

I like the Friday night myself but I'm flexible.

Also any toll bridges or such on route? I remember coming up on a toll freeway in Calif. that only took change or one of them fancy cards. Did not have any quarters to throw in the bowl and had to go the long way around.

Thanks John

Hag 1:4-8 "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?"
Now therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts: "Consider your ways!
"You have sown much, and bring in little; You eat, but do not have enough; You drink, but you are not filled with drink; You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; And he who earns wages, Earns wages to put into a bag with holes."
Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Consider your ways!
Go up to the mountains and bring wood and build the temple, that I may take pleasure in it and be glorified," says the LORD.

wsucougarx

Hey Ed I only know of one canadian making the trip down. Not sure if stan leschert is coming down but hes in the vancouver area. Did find some goodies north of the border?

Friday works for me.

All those of you wanting to roll up from the south. Im good to either leave friday night, or saturday morning. Id prefer to leave friday, But we can works something out. To make it to Aarons before 9am from portland means leaving around 6:30ish or so. Leaving friday night @ around 7pm , there is normally No traffic, and the freeways are pretty clear to keep the right lane all to ourselves.

goodguyzy

so far the south convoy is leaving medford at 13:00 (myself) eugene area (location not confirmed) at 16:00 portland area at 19:00 (jantzen beach)

please PM me for other locations and times to fall in

Last edited:

Josh

Okay this is the way I see it. For us folks come up from the south. Leaving friday night at around 7PM from Jantzen Beach. Jantzen beach is the last Exit on I5 before crossing the Columbia into WA. For those of you who want to convoy and meet up, I plan on cruising around 52mph, I have found setting the hand throttle on flats @ 52 gives ya enough power to maintain speed on all but 2 hills on the way to Aarons, Yet keeps my truck from overspeeding on any downhills. My truck sounds alot happier @ 52 then 56, and the differance between Portland and Aarons at that speed, is less then 3 minutes. I plan on having a 32ft trailer in tow, so I might a tad slower then normal.

I figure all you guys coming up from the south, we can try to time it so we all arrive around the same time at Jantzen beach, If your running behind, Let me know, Ill hand out my phone number and I'll gladly wait until ya arrive. Those of you north of Portland who want to fall in, Let me know and we can try to work out a time to roll down an on ramp to the freeway for you to meet up with us.

Just so we are clear, if ya wana roll up friday, post it here so we can get a headcount on whos going to convoy up. 52 would be ideal cruising speed, Unless of corse we get a M38 or M37 or any MV that requires us to go slower. Let me know.

My number is 503-318-6756, and If its not obvious, my name is in fact Josh.:shock:

I guess I can try to answer any questions, if needed fat lady sings:p

Us way south guys Mobileauto200 and Goodguyzy are planing to meet up with ya. I believe he tops out at 48 mph
so we might 6 min to the trip instead of 3.

I'm starting to get that I'm five years old and tomorrow is Christmas feeling.

Have a great week
John

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

wsucougarx

I'm starting to get that I'm five years old and tomorrow is Christmas feeling.

Have a great week
John

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
Don't worry John, that is a normal reaction in anticipation to anything dealing with shades of green/black/brown on a vehicle. After several years, I have not yet found a cure for it.;-)

Stan Leschert

Hey Ed I only know of one canadian making the trip down. Not sure if stan leschert is coming down but hes in the vancouver area. Did find some goodies north of the border?
I can't be there this year. On of my buddies, Monty Black is coming down for Arlington Airshow, and has been given the details of the gathering. He should make it there, in a really sweet WC-51. I'll be talking to him on Friday, at our Canada Day Parade. Yes, I will post pics and videos under a separate thread.

I'm still looking for a M35 or M37 Cargo strap, so let me know if one of the locals has one for sale, that I could get Monty to bring back with him.

Stan.

64c30

I'm still looking for a M35 or M37 Cargo strap, so let me know if one of the locals has one for sale, that I could get Monty to bring back with him.

Stan.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking of the safety strap that goes across the troop seats above the tailgate? If so, though he wasn't there last year, there's been a fella in the vendors area selling patches, veh parts and such. He had a box of the nylon safety straps at ten bucks ea.

Kaiserjeeps

So far I think Liz and I can make it. We leave for Alaska on the 23rd. Lots to do beforehand. It would be a shame to miss the camp out.

I still have 30 gallons of WMo for you Josh...

I still have 2 parade spots open for the big Beaverton 4th parade.
Any of you local guys want to join up? I need insurance information right away if you do. It's up early and over by 2ish. It's abnormally fun. PM me.

Duece inner wheel seals are a huge PITA to install.

Just thought I would mention that.

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks