• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW- 8TH Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Gathering

AaronW

Here we go again!

Come one! Come all! This thread is to announce the Eighth annual Chehalis River Valley Military Vehicle Gathering and Camp Out.

When: 15/17 July 2016 (Third Weekend in July)

Where: At AaronW's in Napavine, WA. Please PM me if you need my address.

Who: Open to all MV operators and enthusiasts. We prefer that you have an MV to drive or ride in, but realize that everyone may not have full blown OD Fever.

Why: We have alot of SS members and M715Zoners and other club members in WA/OR/ID/MT/CA/Canada that need to get together and meet. And.......FUN!!

$$$Cost$$$: FREE!! The goal is to get as many rigs and people/families as possible! With the high cost of fuel and the hobby in general, its enough that you all just show up. The more, the merrier is our motto.

Food: Things are going to be a little different this year. Please come prepared to camp self sufficient or with the ability to bum a meal from your friends.

Accomodations: I provide a level grassy field. You bring a tent or expandable 5 Ton truck or what have you. 3 portable restrooms are provided. One will be ladies only. If you find that TP is low, please let somebody know. You will want to bring your favorite folding/camp/lawn chair.

Parade Details: Our group has become the "signature entry" in the Napavive Fun-Time Festival Parade.
Roll out time: 0950
Line up time: 1000
Parade time: 1100

Convoy Details: Should we do one this year?I like the idea of making the Morton loop again this year. We would head east out Hwy 12 to Morton and return on Hwy 508. This figures to be about a 3-4 hour trip with lunch.

Schedule of Events(tentative and subject to change)

THURS- All Day: Early Arrivals
Evening: Final Set-up
Night: Camp Fire

FRI- All Day: Arrivals
All Day: Swap Meet
1900: Camp Fire

SAT- 0000- 1030 Arrival
1000-1030 Drive to Parade start/Parade Line-up
1100-???? Napavive Fun Time Festival Parade
1930 Camp Fire/
???? Entertainment??

Sunday- All Day Departures
All Day Swap Meet
1800 Camp Fire

Buttons: Each year we give out free collector buttons to all who participate. We will have the buttons again at no charge.

Pets/Children/Firearms/Alcohol: This is a family and pet friendly event. We have many pets and kids running all over during the event. Be prepared to be visited by my attention starved lab Zeek. Feel free to carry on the property. Because of the proximity of neighbors and the possibility of kids being in the woods and tall grass we do not have any shooting events here. Please be responsible with alcohol consumption. Feel free to have a great time and get loose. Please don't feel free to drive away while impaired! We really don't need an incident that shuts down this great event.

Last edited:

Jeepn_girl

I'll be there too, obviously! And my brother, John, from Texas will be with us this year. He'll be driving one of our rigs.
Ed, I think we should do a convoy this year. I missed having one last year. Even though it was so darned hot! It would have been more fun driving than sitting under the trees like a bunch of cows chewing cud! :D

srodocker

But what if josh and I like sitting under trees! ahahhaahha jk...anywho you know im in and with my own truck! Im down to do a convoy. I can bring burgers again and my bbq if the mkt isnt up and running. Wife and kids are 99% sure they will be there unless its to **** hot again.

ROB how are you my canadian fellow. I dont take naps. Just lots of working to pay for my fuel hahahha

MATT Where have you been all my life?

Amer-team

Looks like I am mostly out this year. Doing a display for Vietnam in support of the PBR guys up at the Maritime Festival in Tacoma on Sat. and Sunday. Will try to get out if I can.

srodocker

Want to do the original convoy route or the route from year 2 with the town of morton? we could plan lunch or diner at that burger joint we stopped near

srodocker

brianp454, Josh will be posting I bet he lives in the portland area and comes up.

It would be in the afternoon/night time friday night if I come that day but i'll stay at least 1 night this year. Im trying to figure out logisitics if I bring the pig or not. If its super hot then no.

flatdog555

If any of you will be coming through or leaving the Portlandia area to attend. Please reply here.
Hey Brian, got your email. Cheri and I will be going this year and would love to convoy up with you and Josh and anyone else driving up from the People's republic of Portland. Will try to read the thread on turning up the fuel a bit. Climbing the I-5 "hill"s last year was about as fast as a VW micro-bus full of hippies on their way to a Grateful Dead concert.
Ed

REDROCKET

I think we should do a convoy this year. I missed having one last year. Even though it was so darned hot! It would have been more fun driving than sitting under the trees like a bunch of cows chewing cud! :D
^^^*laugh* I don't think we really had a choice ... other than sitting under trees like a bunch of cud chewing cows. It was SOFA KING hot ... and the beer was SOFA KING cold! *fingers crossed* for less than 100* these year. I'm ready for a convoy, too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks