• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW- 8TH Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Gathering

brianp454

Yes, many thanks to Aaron for setting this up again. Many thanks to Warcat for being so good with the kids.

If any of you have contact info for Peter, please let him know I would like to talk to him about supporting him with desert tan vehicles for the parade.

We had a bit of an issue on the way home. About 20 miles from home I noticed oil spraying out on the fender. It seemed like my fuel as it was a little black and thin, being blown by the wind.

160717 M35A2 Breakdown 1.jpg

We found a pinhole in the fuel return line (I replaced that line a couple years ago) where it was rubbing on the radiator support. Fortunately, there was a NAPA about a half mile from where we stopped. Ed ran me down and we got a couple feet of 1/4 inch tubing, ferrules, and compression fittings. A few minutes later we restarted it with no leaks. I was surprised that I would replace a tube and have it ran so that it would rub so bad, so I took another look before pulling out. As it turns out, the stud for the turnbuckle that supports the radiator had broken, allowing the radiator to twist with the drivers side moving back about 2 inches until the fan and compressor began rubbing on the backside of the radiator. We used a tie strap and cord to hold the radiator away from the fan and got back on the road.

160717 M35A2 Breakdown 2.jpg

Fort Powell

Aaron thanks again for a great time.
We are looking forward to next year.
Thanks to Dan and Arthur Frey for all the work done on the 1983 Ford E350 Centurion.

2016-07-15 (3).jpg2016-07-15 (9).jpg

2016-07-16 (18).jpg2016-07-15 (13).jpg

Last edited:

jets1959

Had a great time as usual! Got all my toys home without any issues! Thank again Aaron for sponsoring this event again! Hope to see you all again next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks