• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

srodocker

Yea this weekend im heading to dans. on the 11th im heading to brads as i have to unload my m109 box from its current truck. and maybe start a head gasket

wsucougarx

Yea this weekend im heading to dans. on the 11th im heading to brads as i have to unload my m109 box from its current truck. and maybe start a head gasket
What time you getting to Brads scott? Probably should shoot for 1000 hrs or earlier if we can. Better to get an early start. I'll be there to help out.

Last edited:

srodocker

not sure mike. my head gasket gets here in a couple days so that will be good. then I have to get the oil. coolant. and radiator hoses. trying to think of what other little things.

I'll talk to brad and see what he says. and thanks! you think we can knock it out in a days time?

srodocker

haha so true.

mike I cant find in my text messages about the top radiator hoses. I have the bottom one from you but cant remember about the others. posted on my build thread about the head gasket set i got. shall that suffice?

also i think im going to have my vic 1 in by then and my lmtv top by then! hopefully!

wsucougarx

I'm not home right now to look. Theres nothing special about the upper hoses. I just bought a 3ft stick at napa and cut it to length. I dont remember the diameter right now. If you look in my 109 build thread its in there.

wsucougarx

Yikes, just saw we're suppose to see $5/gallon fuel prices around Memorial Day. I think I better start looking into WMO for my multi's. Going to have to really look at your filter set up Scott. In fact that might be a good demo for the mini rally at Brads!!!
Good time to start buying and storing some diesel for the big July/August/whenever it is rally. I need to get my aux tanks mounted on the '68 A2 and the '88 A2C.

Last edited:

ABN173

Hey guys get this, awhile back (several weeks ago to a month) I had e-mailed a guy that posted a M35A2 up for sale (South King CL) I think its the same ad that's up now:
Army Military 6X6 truck

But I can't say this for certain since the original ad I replied to has expired already. Anyway All the GL trucks in NV and CA are going for crazy prices and this guy seems to be having trouble selling his. So here was his reply, he did not send any pics, nor answer any of the questions such as mileage all he said was this:

"we just scrapped the dump truck one, if you are interested in the one with the winch youn better let me know"
the only other information was his e-maill address "Kieth Martin" kiethsfixall20012@yahoo.com

I have a couple of solid options now from fellow Steel Soldiers but it strikes me as odd that the A2/A3 trucks on GL are going high and this guy is can't sell so he is scrapping them:?

The plot thickens: I went back through all my old e-mails and this guy did reply middle of last month: "I just posted the ad for a friend that has a couple of them. I will try to find out some more info" even more odd.....

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

Yeah Mike I saw that one awhile back too, I made them an offer and perhaps because I am still deployed they just said "save our e-mail/number call us when you get back no serious buyers".

edit: the above was referring to the '67 in Kent

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Great! Now I just need to coordinate with the weather dept for outstanding weather on the 11th;-).
I'm bringing my '68 to it's first rally. Heck, I haven't even driven her outside of Grays Harbor County yet.

wsucougarx

Hey Scott we OK for Feb 11 th with Brad? I'm good unless I need to head somewhere to recover something....I wish.
If we're good to go. I plan on being at Brads around 1000 hrs. If anyone is interested in going to Brads that early we can meet up at the Lacey (Hawks Prairie) Walmart parking lot at 0915 hrs or so. We'll leave around 0940 hrs or so. If youre planning on meeting, go ahead and thank this post.

Last edited:

Olywadan

Hey Scott we OK for Feb 11 th with Brad?
If we're good to go. I plan on being at Brads around 1000 hrs. If anyone is interested in going to Brads that early we can meet up at the Lacey (Hawks Prairie) Walmart parking lot at 0915 hrs or so. We'll leave around 0940 hrs or so. If youre planning on meeting, go ahead and thank this post.
I thought we were meeting for Lunch at Eagans at 1100? Or is this a two pronged attack to Brads?

Amer-team

Eagan's is still on. The address is in post #194. Still 1100 and there would still be time to go to Brad's afterward. So it does look like a two pronged attack. So far it looks like we have about 4 guys going there. MV's and family's are welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks