• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

ABN173

Looks nice. I doubt if I will be attending due to the Price of Gas and being Unemployed.
Wolfen,

Both regrettable and understandable. Send me a PM with T-shirt size and address and I'll make sure to send you a t-shirt at least. Hang in there these tough times will pass! I'm sure with fuel prices being $4-5 per gallon there will be guys opting out of the convoy portion.

-Dale

hwcurtice

I'm going to opt for the shirt purchase as well, nothing quite like a cool shirt to wear around town, although, I think I'll do better this time and get a few, instead of just one.

Don't make the same mistake from buying one shirt form wreckerman893. Shirts were way too nice and one was really not enough. If these are the same quality, I'll be getting at least three.

So, on your running list, how many is that now? Or are you just making them to order?

ABN173

I'm going to opt for the shirt purchase as well, nothing quite like a cool shirt to wear around town, although, I think I'll do better this time and get a few, instead of just one.

Don't make the same mistake from buying one shirt form wreckerman893. Shirts were way too nice and one was really not enough. If these are the same quality, I'll be getting at least three.

So, on your running list, how many is that now? Or are you just making them to order?
Right now I am still deployed and just messing around with the art-work. I will probably order a bunch of different items and sizes so we will have a decent selection to choose from. I know family members may want them so each person could buy anywhere from 1-6 items, besides the more I order the cheaper per T-shirt they will be. For example:
Gildan 100% heavy weight cotton 5.5oz pre-shrunk (Military Green)will be $2.70 ea if I order more than 36. This is before shipping but you get the idea. I could see us selling 100-150 items easily. I want to make some kids sizes also.

Oh yeah I have heard about Wreckerman893's shirts those are a really nice
50/50 blend if I am not mistaken its 50% cotton and 50% Possum fur!

-Dale

Last edited:

jets1959

Right now I am still deployed and just messing around with the art-work. I will probably order a bunch of different items and sizes so we will have a decent selection to choose from. I know family members may want them so each person could buy anywhere from 1-6 items, besides the more I order the cheaper per T-shirt they will be. For example:
Gildan 100% heavy weight cotton 5.5oz pre-shrunk (Military Green)will be $2.70 ea if I order more than 36. This is before shipping but you get the idea. I could see us selling 100-150 items easily. I want to make some kids sizes also.

Oh yeah I have heard about Wreckerman893's shirts those are a really nice
50/50 blend if I am not mistaken its 50% cotton and 50% Possum fur!

-Dale
Correction: 50 percent possum fur and 50 percent wreckerman fur!!!!:grin:

srodocker

cant do sick days as you guys points and written up for it. i may have a vacation day for that weekend. hopefully another driver hasnt used that day lol

ABN173

Time to let the cat out of the bag!

Ok who was bidder #5 and 6 on GSA? rofl

Don't have to actually answer that, gave me a good run though I was starting to get concerned.

I'm seeing a trend where Deuces go for higher prices as they have slowed to a trickle now. (CUCV's are also going for 3-4k even for non runners) Anyway I paid more than I wanted to but still a bit cheaper than most private sales. I'm still supporting my mom back home so I was on a tight budget. I showed my Dad the truck and he thought it was nice. He thought it would go for for a bit more than the $2,800 I had so he volunteered to help cover the difference on the purchase, so thanks to my Dad I now have a:

Year: 1971
Make: Am General
Model: M35a2
Vin: AB90971052518525
Mileage: 21735

1971 AM GENERAL TRUCK, MDL M35A2, 2-1/2 TON, 6 CYL, 6X6, MANUAL TRANS, GLASS OK, ODOMETER READS 21,735, TRUE/ACTUAL MILEAGE UNKNOWN. (1204H1-1312-WA05) OPERABLE, LAST RUN 11/2011, EST TIRE TREAD @ OVER 60%. INTERIOR WORN. 1204H11312WA05

Final winning price was $3,205.
I plan on painting this as a Desert Storm truck since I served in that campaign also. I may change my idea on the bumper markings but for now It will read:
24th INF DIV_________ HHC-5
124th MI BN

Also I am currently deployed to Afghanistan so my fellow PNW Steel Soldiers are assisting me with the pick-up.

I'll start a separate thread on this truck as it will be a prime mover for a DITY move from FT Lewis to FT Hood this coming Fall. also it will pull my M1008 so I'll have to keep the load light.

Right off the bat a few things stand out to the "trained eye" (wsucougarx)
1. interior carc may indicate a depot refurb at some point in its history
2. Also mesh guard behind brush guard support depot work of some type
3. Diameter of exhaust point to yes its a turbo

I have lined up a few parts for purchase, and some stuff donated from friends such as:
a tan soft cab top(trade), side slats for cargo bed(donated), Tan FMTV cargo cover kit (Edit: donated by Dan aka AN/ARC186.....thank you!)
seat recover (donated)

Just waiting on Dan, Scott, and Mike(perhaps others) to give her a good look over for me as this was bought sight unseen. I'm sure Scott will start my recovery/project thread (I can see it already "ABN173's "little" project")

Anyway let the adventure begin,
Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

goodguyzy

Congrats Dale, if you need any more tires and wheels I have 3 brand new goodyear extra grips for you. Also new front springer seat if needed. On a side note you guys need to check out Nevada GSA this week. On another side note there is a deuce in the bay area for less than 2K, if anyone wants it I can give you a hand, it needs some fender and misc body parts that I have. Has no title but I can use the parts truck for that also.

hwcurtice

Ok who was bidder #5 and 6 on GSA? rofl

Don't have to actually answer that, gave me a good run though I was starting to get concerned.

I'm seeing a trend where Deuces go for higher prices as they have slowed to a trickle now. (CUCV's are also going for 3-4k even for non runners) Anyway I paid more than I wanted to but still a bit cheaper than most private sales. I'm still supporting my mom back home so I was on a tight budget. I showed my Dad the truck and he thought it was nice. He thought it would go for for a bit more than the $2,800 I had so he volunteered to help cover the difference on the purchase, so thanks to my Dad I now have a:

Year: 1971
Make: Am General
Model: M35a2
Vin: AB90971052518525
Mileage: 21735

1971 AM GENERAL TRUCK, MDL M35A2, 2-1/2 TON, 6 CYL, 6X6, MANUAL TRANS, GLASS OK, ODOMETER READS 21,735, TRUE/ACTUAL MILEAGE UNKNOWN. (1204H1-1312-WA05) OPERABLE, LAST RUN 11/2011, EST TIRE TREAD @ OVER 60%. INTERIOR WORN. 1204H11312WA05

Final winning price was $3,205.
I plan on painting this as a Desert Storm truck since I served in that campaign also. I may change my idea on the bumper markings but for now It will read:
24th INF DIV_________ HHC-5
124th MI BN

Also I am currently deployed to Afghanistan so my fellow PNW Steel Soldiers are assisting me with the pick-up.

I'll start a separate thread on this truck as it will be a prime mover for a DITY move from FT Lewis to FT Hood this coming Fall. also it will pull my M1008 so I'll have to keep the load light.

Right off the bat a few things stand out to the "trained eye" (wsucougarx)
1. interior carc may indicate a depot refurb at some point in its history
2. Also mesh guard behind brush guard support depot work of some type
3. Diameter of exhaust point to yes its a turbo

I have lined up a few parts for purchase, and some stuff donated from friends such as:
a tan soft cab top(trade), side slats for cargo bed(donated), Tan FMTV cargo cover kit (purchase)
seat recover (donated)

Just waiting on Dan, Scott, and Mike(perhaps others) to give her a good look over for me as this was bought sight unseen. I'm sure Scott will start my recovery/project thread (I can see it already "ABN173's "little" project")

Anyway let the adventure begin,
Dale

I see the security system is still intact as well. Nice looking truck

RED? OMG! :cookoo:

Linky to #5 and #6?

ABN173

RED? OMG! :cookoo:

Linky to #5 and #6?
Red? If it did not take so long to get finally get a M35A2, I would find a Arctic cargo cover an cab top then get a bunch of Crimson Tide/Roll Tide gear to outfit the truck with then take it down to Bama and flip it for 10k as the ultimate tail gate rig!

No worries it will be tan soon enough! I'd send you a link but GSA makes linking difficult. go to GSA and search the sales # A1QSCI12035714

-Dale

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CONGRATZ, DALE ! ! !

Good score!

Don't let the troops razz ya too bad about the RED thang. Our "ARK" started as a former BrushFire Truck and we drove her home with a Red Cab and CARC Camo Bed.

Looking forward to your recovery reports.

John

ABN173

Congrats Dale, if you need any more tires and wheels I have 3 brand new goodyear extra grips for you. Also new front springer seat if needed. On a side note you guys need to check out Nevada GSA this week. On another side note there is a deuce in the bay area for less than 2K, if anyone wants it I can give you a hand, it needs some fender and misc body parts that I have. Has no title but I can use the parts truck for that also.
Thanks Zy, I saw that 2k truck......then I saw no title/paperwork and Immediately reach up high and pulled a one riser diagonal slip away from that problem! (airborne jargon) All kidding aside there would be a way to make it legal I'm sure. Does not look to bad either.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks