• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

Mission accomplished at Eagan's. We had 6 people and five vehicles. Tasty burgers and good conversation. Then we went and volume tested the Olympic Flight Museum parking lot. It looks like about 8 to 12 MV's depending on size, for March 31st.

DanielleM35A2

It was very nice meeting all you guys who made it. Our first road trip was a success, our ugly beast did great there and back. The trip back home was alot smoother with that bed and extra weight. Thank goodness. I loved checking out all Brad's treasures. Very thankful we got all the parts we were looking for especially that bed and that complete cab. I will try and post pictures of the quad cab in the process. Wish us luck!!! Danielle

bshupe

Washington Tactical Motorpool

Is anyone here familiar with this group? I understand second hand that this groups is made up mostly of SS members. Im looking for more information on the group.

Thanks!

Fort Powell

Washington Tactical Motorpool
Yes, I know of them. Stephanie is with them.
I am not sure who all the people are with the group but some of them were up at Fort Worden last Labor Day.
We had a great time.

ABN173

Anyone know Brad's e-mail address? or screenname here if he has one? or phone number?

I need to discuss some HMMWV tires for my M1008.

Thanks,
Dale

srodocker

hes not on here and doesnt do the internet email thing. i can call him in a bit. but I told him you wanted them and i didnt see them out front at teh rally....so i'll see i know he needs the payment fast.

shoot hes even sending one of his trains down to oregon to get certified but it might just stay down there as he might sell it.

ABN173

Updates from Afganistan

Ok Fellas lots of news, ideas on this update.

First, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I will most likely need recovery assistance before I return from deployment on a fairly close/local M35A2 (if all goes well) more to follow in a week or so.

Next item up for discussion, we will have 2012 PNW rally T-shirts this year, I have a screen printer at my house and I will make sure this happens. Fair warning these will be a fairly simple one color design. I'm thinking it will be like a white or light grey print on a OD Green shirt, perhaps a black shirt too. Black on Sand color shirt will look awesome too. This will not be for profit just enough to cover my cost of ink, chemicals, and the cost of the shirts themselves. Its been some years since I made any shirts so the most expensive part of this will be the new ink/chemicals.

I'm thinking pricing will be something like:
T-shirts Short sleeve: $6.00
T-shirt L/S: $8.00
Sweatshirt: $10.00
Hoodie: $15.00

These will be top brand items such as Gildens, Jerzee, and Haynes.

We may adjust this upward by a couple of dollars for a 2013 Fund for next years event or to help cover Aaron's cost on this year's. I'm thinking we will have front left chest logo and a larger one on the back. I'm also thinking that we will not put the year on it so Aaron can sell any left over the following year.
But I'm open to discussion on this portion.

As some of you know I am due to PCS to FT Hood next Fall and this will most likely be my last event and I want to do something nice for all the PNW members that have been so nice to me these past few years. I'm sure once the official 2012 event thread gets started Aaron can give me an idea of numbers/sizes to order.

I may have to put a thread out there outside of the PNW corner to see who has "MV Line-art" This is artwork that does not pixel when enlarged. Depending on what art-work I find as to what design will end up as. I may come up with a couple to choose from before we start on the final product.

* Sorry Scott, we are not going to make thousands of mini-rally shirts for your frequent events:lol:

All kidding aside Thanks Scott for accepting the paypal for the HMMWV tires at Brad's that will a fun project for the M1008 when I get back.

@ Ed (FT Powell) thanks for Brad's phone number, I was able to reach him and discuss the above tire issue.

-Dale

jets1959

Ok Fellas lots of news, ideas on this update.

First, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I will most likely need recovery assistance before I return from deployment on a fairly close/local M35A2 (if all goes well) more to follow in a week or so.

Next item up for discussion, we will have 2012 PNW rally T-shirts this year, I have a screen printer at my house and I will make sure this happens. Fair warning these will be a fairly simple one color design. I'm thinking it will be like a white or light grey print on a OD Green shirt, perhaps a black shirt too. Black on Sand color shirt will look awesome too. This will not be for profit just enough to cover my cost of ink, chemicals, and the cost of the shirts themselves. Its been some years since I made any shirts so the most expensive part of this will be the new ink/chemicals.

I'm thinking pricing will be something like:
T-shirts Short sleeve: $6.00
T-shirt L/S: $8.00
Sweatshirt: $10.00
Hoodie: $15.00

These will be top brand items such as Gildens, Jerzee, and Haynes.

We may adjust this upward by a couple of dollars for a 2013 Fund for next years event or to help cover Aaron's cost on this year's. I'm thinking we will have front left chest logo and a larger one on the back. I'm also thinking that we will not put the year on it so Aaron can sell any left over the following year.
But I'm open to discussion on this portion.

As some of you know I am due to PCS to FT Hood next Fall and this will most likely be my last event and I want to do something nice for all the PNW members that have been so nice to me these past few years. I'm sure once the official 2012 event thread gets started Aaron can give me an idea of numbers/sizes to order.

I may have to put a thread out there outside of the PNW corner to see who has "MV Line-art" This is artwork that does not pixel when enlarged. Depending on what art-work I find as to what design will end up as. I may come up with a couple to choose from before we start on the final product.

* Sorry Scott, we are not going to make thousands of mini-rally shirts for your frequent events:lol:

All kidding aside Thanks Scott for accepting the paypal for the HMMWV tires at Brad's that will a fun project for the M1008 when I get back.

@ Ed (FT Powell) thanks for Brad's phone number, I was able to reach him and discuss the above tire issue.

-Dale
If I can help I will!:grd::

ABN173

First Look Draft Steel Soldiers Member 1stSarge helped me out since I do not have the editing software out here. With this simple design we can have different color inks on just about anything that is screen printable( shirts, sweatshirts, pillow cases, or whatever)

We could have a small left chest version and a much larger image on the back of the shirt.

The silk screen system is fairly easy to use, most of the work is in setting up the screens themselves. I could silk screen a lot of say 100 and set some blanks aside and do more on site if we ran out. The blanks could be saved for next year's event as well.

Also attaching an image of a shirt I made for the Airborne Instructors at FT Benning I wish I had a pic of the student shirts that were white ink on black T-shirt those looked great!

-Dale

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks