• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Hammer

I asked that exact question when I was registering the 818, but ended up paying the tonnage.
She said the difference was that you were paying for what it weighed, not what it could haul.
That was the answer I got when I did it. Same thing when I did the deuce.

Amer-team

take a look on the DMV WA webpage. There is a chart of Weight fee, not the commercial tonnage fees, and it looks to me that your basic fee for weight would be 155 plus 30. You are probably going to pay an inspection fee for a first time license and I am sure they can tack on a couple more fees for you, so something in the 300 range is probably about right.

Amer-team

M923 recovery

100_3642.jpg100_3637.jpg100_3640.jpgSo I broke down and joined the M923 club yesterday. Picked up a Desert at JBLM. It was dirty, low on tire air, all fluids seemed to be in proper ranges, it started right up. Took it off post at Dupont gate for some more fuel and headed for Les Swab at Hawks Pararie for some more tire air. Had 70 psi in fronts and 40 in the rears. Cruised home for 45 miles and no incidents. I went equiped with stuff and intended if there were any problems to go back and take care of it on Wednesday.

Took care of cleaning duties, got some lubrication going on various hinges. determined the cause of no right hand turn signals (short in the right front signal can), need to find the guts to the light or another light. It was also a comfortable and nice surprise to drive after much time in the M54. I could get spoiled.

Did some work on the overpaint of the unit markings and this truck belonged to the 224 E of the OR ARNG.

Amer-team

If is was somewhere between 1100 and 1500, it was probably me. I made various stops along the way.

It has multiple MWO tags dating 06 and 10, and it looks like the engine was manufactured in 08/06. the last oil change was 2010 and they put 1000 miles on it since then according to the numbers penned on the oil filter. Had to work today so am looking forward to some play time with it tomorrow.

Hammer

I was getting a trailer off post. And was cruising south and saw you. I was already REALLY certain it was you. This just confirmed it!

Amer-team

that must have been you that passed me with the flat bed trailer that was loaded up. It looked to be in pretty nice shape. Not that I pay attention to anything green. I had never driven a 923 before yesterday so was still getting used to the controls and trying not to run over anyone that thought they had to get into my safe distance space.

srodocker

Peter you picked it up for not much. Was watching all those and was working when they ended. I really want a a2 so think im holding out for now.

ALSO anyone interested in doing the zombie display/event on sept 28th *saturday* let us know on facebook or message me on here and i'll give you the info.

Amer-team

There was a beauty of an A2 that went for about 1200 more, so guess you are paying for the tires, and it didn't have rear canvas. Would like a single sixer, but for the price, think I can live with what I have.

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the day off yesterday, so I made trip down to Hawk's prairie and finally got the licensing for my M923’s taken care of. I have plates and titles on the way. I can now legally drive my trucks on the road!!!!!

Amer-team

Way to go. I still need to verify my numbers and get the SF97 going. So will be a bit longer for me.

Don't forget Cabela's next weekend on Saturday. Send a note so I can plan on parking for everyone. Right now I have 3 small jeeps and a Dodge M880 series truck.

Pablo66

Way to go. I still need to verify my numbers and get the SF97 going. So will be a bit longer for me.

Don't forget Cabela's next weekend on Saturday. Send a note so I can plan on parking for everyone. Right now I have 3 small jeeps and a Dodge M880 series truck.
So.... What about next Saturday? I'm going to try and get paint on my truck next week and if (that's a huge "if") I get it done in time, I might drive up. I'm assuming its the Cabela's in Eugene, right? What time, what's the plan? Thanks!
Paul D

Fort Powell

PNW October 2013 Tactical Vehicle Micro Rally!

Date:
October 5[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013

Washington Military Depot (SURPLUS STORE)
20015 Mountain Hwy East
Spanaway, WA 98387

Time:
1000 to 1800

Bring your own chow and beverages.
Bathroom facilities are available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks