• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you guys help me out with figuring a price range on a AirForce model M35A2C I have that I am considering selling. I've had it about 6 years. Driven it about 6 times and may be moving soon and don't know if I can take it with me. I've dropped a ton of money into it including:

Hemmit Tires (90%-new) and Rims
Rebuilt troop seats out of plastic wood (so won’t ever rot again (except bows)) with powder coated brackets
New batteries and solargizer on hood
Axles disassembled, inspected, cleaned, powder coated, ARB lockers installed and reassembled. Front axle has upgraded alloy shafts with enhanced after market seals, axle expansion valves replaced and open lines attached and run to air filter.
Tank was removed, sent out for acid cleaning, lined and repainted with powder coated hanger straps
Frame was sand blasted and had green Rhino bed liner sprayed on it.
Steering rebuilt
Headlights upgraded to LED
Cabin light installed
radiator sent out for professional cleaning, brazing and sealing.
brand new winch installed
New troop canvas tarp added ( I also have a brand new one for a about 2-4’ longer bed truck that was the wrong size)
suspension was all disassembled, leaves were poweder coated, cleaned, inspected and re-installed
Brake shoes were all replaced and brake system gone through but may need master cylinder honed out or replaced
air system checked and auto drain and new manual drain valves added to air canisters
probably a bunch of other stuff I can’t remember now.
All She really needs now is some minor body work and paint and upholstery.

Any ideas on how much she is worth? I know I'm going to lose a lot of money on it but my investing style lately seems to be "buy high and sell low" :)

Thanks,
Rob

Another Ahab

Can you guys help me out with figuring a price range on a AirForce model M35A2C I have that I am considering selling. I've had it about 6 years. Driven it about 6 times and may be moving soon and don't know if I can take it with me. I've dropped a ton of money into it including:

Thanks,
Rob
I saw somebody cite a kind of universal tag for a current Deuce (no specifics like all the itemization you got here) of:

- $3,500

I'm not saying that applies to your rig, or that there's any validity to it; just that I saw that mentioned recently as a kind of market rate.

Amer-team

That will be AFD at JBLM that weekend. it is always the 3rd weekend in May. That will probably knock me out for that one. Should be my 27th or 28th year at JBLM.

wsucougarx

What year is the said M35A2C? Does she have a split brake circuit (1987-1989)? If so, then she's worth more than the standard Pre-1987 trucks. Got a pic? I've got a 1988 USAF M35A2C w/w myself so I kind of know my way around these trucks;-)

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She is a 1968/1987 depot rebuild. I believe she has the split line brakes. They use a different master cylinder than the regular ones don't they? I bought a new standard deuce master cycinder and it isn't what's in there. I may just part her out as I think the axles and wheels with air lockers in them are worth as much as the whole truck. :)

Here are a few pics:
front quarter passenger.jpgright rear.jpgrear axle.jpg
passanger side.jpgfront quarter driver.jpg
dash.jpg
cab light.jpg

Another Ahab

She is a 1968/1987 depot rebuild. I believe she has the split line brakes. They use a different master cylinder than the regular ones don't they? I bought a new standard deuce master cycinder and it isn't what's in there. I may just part her out as I think the axles and wheels with air lockers in them are worth as much as the whole truck.

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 583662
That's a good-looking truck; sorry you got to let her go. [thumbzup]

BnaditCorps

She is a 1968/1987 depot rebuild. I believe she has the split line brakes. They use a different master cylinder than the regular ones don't they? I bought a new standard deuce master cycinder and it isn't what's in there. I may just part her out as I think the axles and wheels with air lockers in them are worth as much as the whole truck. :)

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 583662View attachment 583665View attachment 583666
View attachment 583663View attachment 583664
View attachment 583661
View attachment 583660
Out of curiosity how much do you want?

just curious

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the current prices, I may not let her go. Plus, I can't find anything remotely like it. Maybe a highly modified F650 but it still wouldn't be close to the same capabilities. I just need to hold on until we have massive flooding or the big shake and then I'll get big bucks for it! :) I also thought I could get chains and head up mt. Hood during the storms and pull people out of the snow and make it pay for itself that way. But I don't like charging for helping out. I guy helped me 30 years ago and wouldn't accept any money but said to pay it forward so I've been doing that ever since.
So if I just bought Ouverson lockers for the front hubs for around $700 does that mean I should expect a $50 bump in the sale price? That is almost the same as my enron invesment! :)

BnaditCorps

At the current prices, I may not let her go. Plus, I can't find anything remotely like it. Maybe a highly modified F650 but it still wouldn't be close to the same capabilities. I just need to hold on until we have massive flooding or the big shake and then I'll get big bucks for it! :) I also thought I could get chains and head up mt. Hood during the storms and pull people out of the snow and make it pay for itself that way. But I don't like charging for helping out. I guy helped me 30 years ago and wouldn't accept any money but said to pay it forward so I've been doing that ever since.
So if I just bought Ouverson lockers for the front hubs for around $700 does that mean I should expect a $50 bump in the sale price? That is almost the same as my enron invesment! :)
Ok i was just wondering, my friend has an electric car that he is going to fix up and sell, and depending on price, might use that money to get a Deuce.

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that electric car is a Tesla, I'd trade him :)
I wasn't even in the ball park. I was hoping for $15k or so which is about %30 of what I invested in it. I'll revisit selling it another time.

Another Ahab

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is "ikr" ???
I know really?
You're real close, Special T.

And, I'm telling you that I had to look it up myself (which is the lesson I learned so helpfully from YOU, ColdWarrior: "The Internet is Our Friend"; well, usually anyhow):

OK -

This is exactly why the wise owner and moderator team of this website instituted the RULE:

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read! Note: this is a RULE, and is enforceable.

We all could have avoided this discussion had the RULE been followed in the first place.

If you'd like to read ALL the RULES, and I ENCOURAGE you to do so, you can follow this link to get there....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84063-Forum-rules or simply click on the RULES BUTTON on every SS webpage.

Last edited:

BnaditCorps

OK -

This is exactly why the wise owner and moderator team of this website instituted the RULE:

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read! Note: this is a RULE, and is enforceable.

We all could have avoided this discussion had the RULE been followed in the first place.

If you'd like to read ALL the RULES, and I ENCOURAGE you to do so, you can follow this link to get there....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84063-Forum-rules or simply click on the RULES BUTTON on every SS webpage.

sorry, didn't mean to cause a mess.
Just came from another forum before posting that, use short cuts everyday over there.

For future reference if you run into it again, it means: I Know Right

wsucougarx

Rancherbob, from the looks of the truck, it looks like you have a late model deuce. What's your trucks serial number? Does it start 87k......? If so, she is a true 1987 production truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks