• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Polishing gauge faces

I've been working on removing years of paint off my gauges and was wondering has anyone polished the lens on the gauges. I have noticed the lens are plastic which I discovered when I put paint remover on the metal edges. I know you can use rubbing compound but not sure what grit

BillIdaho

Go to the local China-Mart, and buy a bottle of "Swirl remover". It is right next to the automotive car wax. A couple of dollars. (Do not use rubbing compound, as it is too abrasive.) Then get your cordless with a small buffing wheel. SLOW IS GOOD. FAST IS VERY BAD!!!!!!! Slowly with a liberal amount of swirl remover, polish the gauges up. Again, keep the wheel slow. Do NOT press down hard, and take your time. It takes only a few minutes to get them looking like new.
Upon completion, wax with a rag with a dab of furniture polish.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks