• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll: Deuce Ins. What company do you use?

What Insurance Company do you insure your Deuce with?

• Total voters

littlebob

Ok, I had so much input on my insurance limitation question that now I'm really curious who everyone is using for their insurance, and if they have had to submit a claim for anything? If so how would you rate their service. I think this would help us newbies in our search for quality insurance that has propper coverage. I am mostly interested in weekly/monthly drivers more so than the true show trucks but please everyone chime in so that we can get a big picture.
I also would like to hear about claims with different companies, As I said in a previous thread, I wonder how many members are covered when the insurance companies realize what they were taking your money to insure.
I'm sure this coverage would vary from state to state within each company.
I still don't have mine on the road yet and hoping to learn more from every thing I can before I have to get some.
littlebob

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am now quite curious about the Farm Bureau. I have 15 acres and 12 horses that need feed and hay. Wonder if I would qualify?
I bet you would but every state is different. They have really go rates on farm and homeowners ins. around here too. All my ins. is with them.

Flea

TN Farm Bureau - doesn't require owning a farm (I live in a subdivision!), and I pay $930/6 months for a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, a 1995 Sea Doo & trailer, the Deuce, and a 1969 Holiday Rambler trailer.

ems4ty

I've got State Farm. Looking at my policy, these are the limitations, etc...

1) Driven 7,500 Miles or less annually.

2) No male or unmarried female drivers with less than 9 years driving experience.

3) Pleasure use or commuting to and from work or school.

**Driving Safety Record Reduction of Premium valued at $163.65
**California Good Driver Reduction of Premium valued at $69.62

Limits are as follows:

(A) Liability
Bodily Injury 30,000/60,000
Property Damage 50,000
Cost: $241.67

(U) Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Bodily Injury 30,000/60,000
Cost: $28.41

(U1) Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Property Damage
Cost: $8.39

Total for 6 Months of Coverage: $284.72

Hope this info helps anyone out.:-D

-Tyler

Deuce_of_Spades

Ems4ty-
Did State Farm personally look at your truck or did you send them a pic of what it looked like? Is it ins. as a commercial vehicle or private? Did they automaticly know what the truck was when you told them? Thanks.

ems4ty

Ems4ty-
Did State Farm personally look at your truck or did you send them a pic of what it looked like? Is it ins. as a commercial vehicle or private? Did they automaticly know what the truck was when you told them? Thanks.
I deal with Mr. Jon Shepard located in the inland empire here in So. Cal. It's the same fellow that Mr. Will Wagner and a few others have Insurance with. He's very familiar with these vehicles and obtaining insurance was no problem. AAA Would not touch it.

It's registered as Historic and I disclosed that to him. Not that I really needed to or anything. I believe the policy is personal/private and not a commercial policy. I'm looking at the renewal right now and it doesn't say either one.

All I had to do was give him the vehicle info, and shoot a couple of pics and email it to him. Never saw the guy in person, just talked to him over the phone and through email. Pretty painless. I know its a bit more expensive then some of the other cats in group, but it works.

Thanks

-Tyler

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TN Farm Bureau - doesn't require owning a farm (I live in a subdivision!), and I pay $930/6 months for a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, a 1995 Sea Doo & trailer, the Deuce, and a 1969 Holiday Rambler trailer.
I know you used to have to have a farm but I thought they had eased up on the restrictions.

littlebob

Ems4ty-
I think this was directed at Deuce_of_Spades, but my agent wanted pictures and said no. Commercial only.
littlebob

Deuce_of_Spades

I also would like to hear about claims with different companies, As I said in a previous thread, I wonder how many members are covered when the insurance companies realize what they were taking your money to insure.
I'm sure this coverage would vary from state to state within each company.
I still don't have mine on the road yet and hoping to learn more from every thing I can before I have to get some.
littlebob

Little Bob,

Im with you. I just hope These companies like State Farm really know what our guys are driving and will cover them when an accident does accure. I would so hate to see an SS get screwed when they thought they were covered. I specificly did not mention my state when I called Progressive, State Farm and USAA and all told me no way. I guess I just don't have the golden tongue. I have a quote in with the Farm Bureau but I think its Gulfway for me. Difficult to contact them but agreed value is a plus and if they state in writing that "no driving for profit" is the only stipulation, I guess I'm covered for a horse food run or dump run despite what Carol said @ Gulfway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks