• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possibly bringing home a M1008

wayne pick

I would carry a basic wrench and socket set up to 3/4, assorted screwdrivers, duct tape, zip ties, a fuel filter, a set of new belts and upper/lower rad hoses. It may sound extreme, but it beats a tow any day. If you don't use them, even better, you will have them in stock when you do need them. Bring two jugs of coolant and a jug of motor oil. As far as the tire issue goes, i'd put the tires you want on it from the get go, same dia as the swampers so you can run it on the highway. The swampers will be toast by the time you get it home anyway and as said above, the noise will drive you nuts along with awfull vibration and very poor fuel milage. If you use the original tires, check them for dry rot,cuts, cracks or splits. If they are not up to snuff, leave them in VA, No point in hauling junk home with you. Just my2cents, Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks