• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

chupa

Some pic's of my roof rack. The high jack is just settting there to get an idea if it is a good spot.

The whole thing looks like a big branch catcher. Maybe I can run some cable from the top to the front grill to guide them over, any thoughts...
Perhaps mount spare tire on grill guard, on front of trailer, on a swing-away bracket near tailgate or on the hood ala Land Rover.

Matt65

The red truck is a friends that was converted to flatbed.

Attachments

gijoe13

amb1.jpg Before

2011-07-04_10-20-13_784.jpg and After

Was pretty much gutted out in patient area. Pulled entire front clip off and took cab off of the frame. Stripped to bare metal, new cab corners, rocker panels and inner wheel wells. Two coats of epoxy primer and then Rapco olive drab. Added a plow and now use it as winter work truck. Fun project. Hoping to find a M37 for the next project after I finish my M35.

Last edited:

duramaxdiesel1

heres pics of my 1993 m35a3, 1986 m1008a1 which i added a plow to it., my 1987 diesel crew cab i added a m1031 maintence body to it. i built this 1976 blazer from ground up to look like a m1009 converted nose to look like the 89-91 style. used the military blazer brush guard and bumpers and the military diesel 1 ton drivetrain. w/ humvee spare tire carrier. we support our troops.[thumbzup]

Attachments

duramaxdiesel1

yes it probably needs to be green but only have so much money for projects at one time. i have another 1983 2wd chevy c10 pickup i added the military 6.2 diesel and brush guard and bumpers to and its in for paint right now. plus i have a baby boy on the way so when he gets a little older he'll be helping me with all these projects. the bedroom + crib is all set awaiting his arrival all camoed out. so the crew cab will have to wait a while for paint. :)

Attachments

okay... here is some trail pictures, over the past summer, looking to complete a few more add on's in time for when its nice to go riding again... onboard air, rework rear bumber, sliders, and redesign/fab transfercase cross member for 203/205 doubler. ( currently too much flex - keeps twisting enough to pop it out of low range as floor pan hitting shifter

Attachments

cucv1833

okay... here is some trail pictures, over the past summer, looking to complete a few more add on's in time for when its nice to go riding again... onboard air, rework rear bumber, sliders, and redesign/fab transfercase cross member for 203/205 doubler. ( currently too much flex - keeps twisting enough to pop it out of low range as floor pan hitting shifter

Nice rig!! quick question. Did you build that truck are did you buy like that?

My neighbor built one 100% exacly like that. Bumper, axles all the same and custom built suspension and sold it to a guy in Tenn. about 2 years ago. And I see your in Tenn.

Attachments

Last edited:

True Knight

What did you use for onboard air? An electric compressor?

What did you use for onboard air? An electric compressor?
The onboard air i went with is on order now. $550.00 went with VIAIR’s X’treme Duty Onboard Air System the specs are listed below

PN 10009 It is a pre-packaged compressed air solution that provides two 350C, 100% duty cycle compressors, a 2.0 gallon air tank, ( adding an extra 8 gallon ) inline pressure regulation, and all components needed to install a working system capable of inflating tires.

Specifications
12-Volt
Permanent Magnetic Motor
Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100 PSI
Max. Working Pressure: 150 PSI
Max. Amp Draw: 29 Amps

Included Parts
- 2.0 Gallon VIAIR Air Tank
- (2) 350C VIAIR Compressors
- 30ft. Coil Hose w/ Quick Connects
- Tire Inflation Gun with 200 PSI Gauge
- 0-150 PSI Pressure Regulator
- Blow Gun Air Tool
- 1/4” NPT Quick Connect Coupler (F)
- Dash Panel Gauge with ON/OFF Switch
- Pressure Switch (110 PSI on, 150 PSI off)
- (2) 40-amp Relays
- Inline Fuse Holder w/ Fuse
- 1/4” NPT 175 PSI Safety Valve
- 1/4” NPT Drain Cock
- (2) 1/8” BSP to 1/4” NPT (Air Locker Use)
- (5) 1/4” NPT Compression Fittings
- 4” Strip of Continuous Grommet Material
- 20ft. 12-Gauge Wire
- T-Fitting (1/4”(M) x 1/4”(F) x 1/8”(F))
- Electrical Connections

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks