• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

Assel

ASSEL I think you need a mule conversion on your M1009. Such as this or something similar.
ght to help you out with some sort of a cab closure.
my cab is closed. Its a Single-Cab M1009 now... pre owners welded a Steel Plate into it & cut the backseat out. I Think about cutting a hole into the cabin back, so I could maybe put in a M1008 Rear Window... Since my papers say my M1009 has 3 seats, I´d like to replace the Seats with the M1008 Bench. then I have a "smaller&shorter" M-series Pickup-Truck lol ..though a M1008 wouldnt fit into my garage :D

phil2968

Looks like a blast:

- Drooling over that smoker

How did you build that? An old water heater or something?

Worthy of its own thread, "Show Us Your Rolling Barbecues". Got any close-ups!?

View attachment 546507
That belongs to Mike. I think it was made from some propane tanks. We have used it for a couple of years. I don't know where he got it. No other pics except the pork that was on it Friday night. It had prime rib on it Thursday night.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Coffee grounds is one of the dry rub ingredients.

Gunner USN

Make: 1999 Chevrolet CUCV II
Model: type A ¾ ton (Tahoe 2 door)

Manufacture: Chevrolet Factory - Silao, Mexico (Sept 1999)

Military Outfit: Monroe Truck Equipment – Detroit, Michigan (Oct 1999)

Military Service - TACOM - Detroit, Michigan (Dec 1999)

Finial Duty Station – 104[SUP]th[/SUP] Fighter Wing (Security) – Barnes Air National Guard Base (Dec 2012)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Civilian Owner – near Burlington, Vermont (Dec 2012 – Feb 2015)

Current Owner – Lynn McCall – Minneapolis, Minnesota (Feb 2015 to present)

Other Facts (Military Today CUCV ii)
The CUCV II light utility vehicle was developed by General Motors. It is a revised and updated successor to the original CUCV. It followed the same general lines. This military vehicle was introduced in 1987. Around 800 CUCV II vehicles were obtained by the US military, over 3 000 vehicles were sold to Saudi Arabia. Other operators are Ecuador, Sweden, United Kingdom , Venezuela and some other countries.
The CUCV II is a relatively low-cost militarized commercial type. It was intended to be used where expensive tactical-type vehicles were not necessary. The CUCV II range is based on the Chevrolet K-series pick-up truck. Only minor adjustments were made to the vehicle to make it suitable for military use. All CUCV II vehicles use the same components such as basic chassis, engine, transmission, axles and electrical system, but are fitted with different body.
The CUCV II range consists of six models:
Type A is a two-door utility vehicle. It accommodates for driver and four passengers. Alternatively it can carry light cargo;
Type B cargo truck. It has an opened cargo area and can carry about 1.7 t. Seats could be fitted for troop transportation;
Type C ambulance. It accommodates 4 stretchers or 8 seated casualties;
Type E shelter carrier;
Type F communications shelter carrier;
Type S four-door command car. It is also used as a troop carrier. This vehicle accommodates driver and five passengers.
These light utility vehicles were available with petrol and diesel engines. Diesel-engined vehicles are powered by a General Motors 6.5-liter V8, developing 150 or 195 hp. Alternatively it was available with a 5.7-liter petrol engine, developing 255 hp, or 7.4-liter petrol, developing 290 hp. Engine is coupled with a 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual transmission. Vehicle has a full-time all-wheel drive. A front-mounted winch was available as an option. All vehicles are air-transportable.
Production of the CUCV II ceased in 2000. Later a further updated Light Service Support Vehicle or LSSV was introduced.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks