• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

thz71

Well, if you're going to get stuck, go ahead and get GOOD and stuck, you know!?

Thanks for the videos. [thumbzup]

Don't think that crowd was enough out of reach of that winch line (they can do squirrelly things), but glad it all went well.
Yah the one kid threw his sweatshirt on it haha. My headache rack was protecting me and i was in no position to bark orders haha

K9Vic

Yah the one kid threw his sweatshirt on it haha. My headache rack was protecting me and i was in no position to bark orders haha
It is your responsibility to bark orders and get those people AWAY from the break zone if it is your equipment. Totally unsafe to let them stand there that close to the winch cable, that shirt likely would not have protected them if it broke.

thz71

It is your responsibility to bark orders and get those people AWAY from the break zone if it is your equipment. Totally unsafe to let them stand there that close to the winch cable, that shirt likely would not have protected them if it broke.
Wasnt my winch. Im 20 years old most of the other guys were 45+ and have been wheeling much longer than I. Im not one to say somthing in a situation like that.

Another Ahab

Wasnt my winch. Im 20 years old most of the other guys were 45+ and have been wheeling much longer than I. Im not one to say somthing in a situation like that.
Yeah, it can be tough to convince people of their own ignorance, but it never hurts to tell them "I'm not sure that's a good idea, and I'll tell you why".

That shirt doesn't have the weight and bulk to drop that cable to the deck (which is the purpose).

I can still remember the training video from boot camp about snapping cable, and it was pretty sobering (but long, probably a half-hour)

Here's a shorter version I just found:

https://youtu.be/W4KyaQJz2Ww

Assel

Well, I am used to tow out 40Ton Trucks a few times a day (if its rainy or muddy) with a 40Ton Wheel-Loader. You definetely dont want to be near the Cable when it breaks, dunno how hard it hits on a 3ton Truck but on those big toys a snatching cable can cut you in half, if you got bad luck. I wont fool around with such things.

oh and back to topic some new pictures from my CUCV (now fine running with a "antennaclimber card and doghead relay mod" DSC_0109.jpgDSC_0106.jpgDSC_0102.jpgDSC_0099.jpg

cucvrus

010.jpg011.jpgWhat is this truck? I was told it was military. i do not think that is true. i think I may be being harassed by a friend. What do you think?

Last edited:

cucvrus

Does that M1009 have a mower deck under it? That would be a cool attachment. Oh no I got my wheels turning on that one. Rough terrain mower. Can be driven to and from the job.:driver:

Assel

Mower with a 6.2 Diesel? awesome,,but maybe a bit to oversized for average lawn :D ..and no, i dont have a mower deck under it, just a new transmission oilpan with bleeding screw ^^

and that Pickup looks kinda "fordish" ...and I miss the usual "brushguard" & signs, numbers etc. I dont think its a military one..I could paint my Audi in Tan and say its military aswell, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks