• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

tim292stro

Looks good. You took a truck that had limited use to a truck that has limitless/unlimited use. Way to go. I never had any use for the maintenance truck I had either...
That's why I made the the design decisions I made for the XM1027 - yeah I want a generator and an air compressor, but I don't want to give up the bed to achieve that... 2cents

Driest summer and record fires in Alaska and then rain all fall and glaciering everywhere right now from all the water in ground. So starting to look like a crazy year. Not sure if I'm suppose to be talking non CUCV stuff here so here's the truck before I cut fenders and took maintenance box off to kind of make up for my bad.
It's ok.
What's the plane for the box? Are you going to hook the generator to a small engine ?
Or whats the plan?[/QUOTE]

The maintenance box is being used as a cache. The generator and electronics looked real good and I took big stuff out carefully thinking I might find someone who could use it and maybe get some parts I need. Got the engine RPM controller and everything and there was only 27 hours on generator hour meter and 7500 miles on a replacement speedometer/odometer in cab so things should have little wear. I got no use for heavy stuff like that here except the cool vice mounted on tailgate. There are no roads out of here so things like the generator have to go by air or barge in summer - shipping is not cheap for heavy stuff. Stan

CUCVLOVER

Ok.
I was just curious.
I'm little off topic but I will say it anyway.
You might be able to hook a small engine to the generator unit. I know that most people just buy one but if you have a generator unit and and a lonely engine looking for a purpose why not. That way you could save a few bucks.

shockwave

Hey shockwave, that's a fine looking truck, and because you look new around here we're saying:

- Welcome, from here in Virginia.
Thank You! Been lurking here the past few months just trying to soak up all the great info this site has to offer. Really enjoying this truck so far, already planing on picking up a 1009 in the future!

Another Ahab

Thank You! Been lurking here the past few months just trying to soak up all the great info this site has to offer. Really enjoying this truck so far, already planing on picking up a 1009 in the future!
The Green Disease sometimes has a slow incubation period, but once the fever kicks in, it's totally irreversible; there is no cure. :naner:

KoneZone

As a fellow lurker, may I concur that your truck looks great. I have an M1009 currently being worked on by Those Military Guys in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I'm excited share some photos when it's done!

Assel

Im now busy a few days for a near forestry department, ...its all a bit too muddy out there for the Harvesters & Trucks, so I have to build roads for them to haul wood. Im operating a CAT 963D crawler loader (my usual machine). I have a handful of 4x4 Trucks which bring me loam with rocks in it...not the best material but I can make a driveable road of it...even for rwd trucks. And since this means too much offroad (atleast what I call "finding a parking spot for my car") for my Audi, the Chevy is the daylie again.

I think the new rattle-can camo paint job fits just perfect into our local forests. DSC_0364.jpgDSC_0386.jpgDSC_0389.jpgDSC_0407.jpgDSC_0411.jpgDSC_0417.jpg

Another Ahab

Im now busy a few days for a near forestry department, And since this means too much offroad (atleast what I call "finding a parking spot for my car") for my Audi, the Chevy is the daylie again.

I think the new rattle-can camo paint job fits just perfect into our local forests. View attachment 593811
You got a good looking truck there for sure, Assel, and the camo job suits it perfectly.

I'm noticing that the timber stands out your way aren't much in the way of mature really (I don't think there's a tree in the bunch looking much older than 20 years or so). Is all the forest out that way heavily harvested?

Assel

I'm noticing that the timber stands out your way aren't much in the way of mature really (I don't think there's a tree in the bunch looking much older than 20 years or so). Is all the forest out that way heavily harvested?
This is a "PEFC" certified forest...there are forests that look really worse, only mono-culture... no thicket (or do americans call it brush, I dont know). I can get some pictures from the parts of the forest which are not harvested at the moment, but its still for profit, not a nature preserve. Maybe these are still the remnants of the "Lothar Storm" which hit us really hard in 1999 and did heavy damage to all forests around here...knocked those spruces over hectarwise. now I feel old :shock:

shockwave

Shockwave,
That is a great looking truck.
Can I get the details on the lift, tires, & rims?.
Welcome from Mass, I'm just far enough away that you won't notice if I copy your set up.
Thanks! It has a 6" lift, 37" Goodyear MTs and Humvee rims. If you go with the Humvee rims you will need 2" spacers on the fronts for proper clearance.
Hope to be able to do crossover steering next sometime soon and then maybe disc brake conversion in the rear

cucvrus

DSCF5740.jpgDSCF5741.jpgIt was a beautiful fall day in mid November here in south central Pennsylvania. I did a lot of leaf raking and some welding on Mr Rusty's cargo bed. Next week will be the final week that I will be able to do any paint work in my shop. the weather is due to change. Tis the season. Mr Rusty and the Mule looked like twins parked side by side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks