• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your m37 pictures

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Nice job, rosims! Very nice set up.

A few questions for you if you don't mind.

Where did you get the 1/2 seat pads for the benches? Also, is there any attachments for the table to fit on the tailgate when the tailgate is in the horizontal position (the adjustable table legs would be resting on the ground)? What is the junction box attached to the MG mount on the lower left side? Is that something you made or is that a stock military junction box? I've been thinking of using a CUCV junction / power distribution box in mine.

That is just a great looking truck! Could you possibly post a few more pictures of how the table attaches to the side rails of the truck?

I wish you lived closer so I could possibly come over and look at your truck and pick your brain about your M-42 kit installation. It sure looks nice.

I've managed to collect the GRC-3, -5, & -7 systems. I'm just trying to figure out how to mount all three and still be able to get into the back of the truck. :-D

Thanks for posting all those pictures. Please post more. :-D

Storm 51

FrankUSMC

Rosims, I just saw your photos of the inside of your M42 truck, wow, just great! Do you have the data plate that came with the kit? Years ago, I looked at a M37 that had the data plate on the dash. I was so tempted to take it off the truck as the place that was selling it could care less, now, I wished I had asked the owner could I have removed it. I would have had a 50/50 chance of getting it. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

rosims

Rosims, I just saw your photos of the inside of your M42 truck, wow, just great! Do you have the data plate that came with the kit? Years ago, I looked at a M37 that had the data plate on the dash. I was so tempted to take it off the truck as the place that was selling it could care less, now, I wished I had asked the owner could I have removed it. I would have had a 50/50 chance of getting it. One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Yes, It is on the dash next to the glove box. It is stamped G2741- then the truck serial number. Also is a picture oof a NOS one that I have. Robert
IMG_20130224_193826_117.jpgIMG_20130224_192958_585.jpg

rosims

Wow! Nice job, rosims! Very nice set up.

A few questions for you if you don't mind.

Where did you get the 1/2 seat pads for the benches? Also, is there any attachments for the table to fit on the tailgate when the tailgate is in the horizontal position (the adjustable table legs would be resting on the ground)? What is the junction box attached to the MG mount on the lower left side? Is that something you made or is that a stock military junction box? I've been thinking of using a CUCV junction / power distribution box in mine.

That is just a great looking truck! Could you possibly post a few more pictures of how the table attaches to the side rails of the truck?

I wish you lived closer so I could possibly come over and look at your truck and pick your brain about your M-42 kit installation. It sure looks nice.

I've managed to collect the GRC-3, -5, & -7 systems. I'm just trying to figure out how to mount all three and still be able to get into the back of the truck. :-D

Thanks for posting all those pictures. Please post more. :-D

Storm 51
I picked the seat cushions up a few years back at a surplus place in Texas. There were stacks of them about 20' high(Remember those days):) I think htey were out of a Gamma Goat but fit the M37 Perfectly. The junction block was in my truck bolted to the front of the bed. It is the same one used in WW2 vehicles that had radios. I'm sure they used them for a while after that, my truck is a 62B1. I did find a leter style that I will probably swap out eventually. See the pictures. Pictures of the table too. I am currently working on all my radios, getting them back operating. After they sit up for a while, they tend to need a little TLC, batterie, etc. to get back operating. Everything is functional and working, transmitting and receiving. Let me know if yo need anymore pix. The label is off the box of the new junction box.
IMG_20130224_195944_783.jpgIMG_20130224_195619_670.jpgIMG_20130224_195632_046.jpgIMG_20130224_195653_774.jpgIMG_20130224_195819_155.jpg

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice stuff, rosims!

Thanks for all the pics and the leads on the seat pads and junction box!

Yes, I do remember those days. Never bought much of the stuff because there was so much of it and I figured it would always be there. Huge mistake. I now pay dearly for what I used to just walk by.

Storm 51

siebel

M37 Pictures

Got my '54 M37 and got it running in time to use it for commuting through our second Spring flood. My first piece of military gear, and I've got the bug now. Thanks for all the valuable information here on Steel Soldiers! I'm sure I'll be pestering you for info specific to my truck.

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Siebel,

Nice looking truck to start with, and it runs.

Make sure to stop over on the G741.Org site and get it set up in the registry. There is a wealth of knowledge on that site specifically about M37s.

Bert

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an Ex-Marine Corps truck from the paper clips on the front bumper. Also looks like a lot of the details (tail lights, shackles, etc) are still on the truck.

Good Luck and have fun restoring it as much or as little as you want.

Storm 51

USMC4302

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, all (I'm on a 96 :) )

Here's a couple of shots of the '63 M-37 B1 we brought home last weekend.

peggy-ride2.jpgtrailering.jpgfleet2.jpgdash.JPG

It's a fun little truck! And I have lots of questions...

Semper Fi

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, all (I'm on a 96 :) )

Here's a couple of shots of the '63 M-37 B1 we brought home last weekend.

It's a fun little truck! And I have lots of questions...

Semper Fi

Hi John,

That is a good looking M37. It looks like it had a winch at one time because I can see the hole in the floor has been opened up and you still have the locking tab in place. Is the PTO still on the tranny or is that gone to? You should start looking for a longer shifter handle also, you will be amazed at the difference when shifting.

I saw that you stopping over on the G741.org site and entered your truck into the registry. Keep in mind there is allot of good information and knowledge base for these trucks over there.

Bert

USMC4302

Thanks Bert! According to the dataplate, it was a winch truck originally. Unfortunately, the PTO is gone, as well. Do all the M-37's have the hole in the crossmember for the shaft from the PTO (I'm assuming...) to the winch, or just the winch trucks? That's interesting about the shifter -- I'll be on the lookout.

S/F
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks