• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your m37 pictures

3dAngus

View attachment 405503my 52 on a very cold wet day
If I might ask, what is that on the front of your M-37? It doesn't look like any kind of winch and I can't tell.

On another note, I'm putting on new tires today. I'm taking off the NDTs and going to the newer style Superlugs. They look a lot better to me, but I'm not sure about the history of them, or why the military made the change. Is this something done by civilians only? Or was it actually done by the military while the truck was in active service. Here's a picture of the front ones changed out today.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Snow? what's that.

Thanks for that info. I would have never guessed. As you can imagine, it is difficult to relate to when you never see it.

Not sure which tires you are referring to. The ones on the truck now are 90%.
Two on the ground (NDTs) are probably 80% and 95%. You can still see the center line on one.
I'm going to wire brush those, paint them, and put two on my matching M101A1. I'll have two spares.

It looks like a plow attachment..... what kind of shape are your tires in?

3dAngus

I love all these pictures. Question:

My M-37 came without mirrors. I purchased the 6" round one, and the mounts look pretty much the same. Mine is a six hole mount, with three above the stem, and three below, in a triangular pattern.

I'm looking at all these pictures for a good close up of how or where to mount these outside mirrors. It's close but I can't make the precise angle out on most of them. I am concerned about opening the door and closing it, with window open and window closed.

Can someone please give me a close up of the mounting point. I'm not sure if I should mount it on the body under the large windshield hinge, or on the windshield hinge, and what, if any, problems you may be having longer term with the mounting of your outside mirrors. Thanks in advance for anyone who can post me some close ups.

3dAngus

Steve, it does help, where I can see the location, but not the detail. For some reason, I can't open it up and get the normal view. All I can get is this thumbnail, so I cannot see how many mounting bolts are on it. I thought that might help because I'm not sure if your mounting plate is the same and takes six bolts or not. Thanks.

M-37Bruce

Steve, it does help, where I can see the location, but not the detail. For some reason, I can't open it up and get the normal view. All I can get is this thumbnail, so I cannot see how many mounting bolts are on it. I thought that might help because I'm not sure if your mounting plate is the same and takes six bolts or not. Thanks.
Did you see my avatar, I used one of the fording body nuts, I just added a bolt in the other one.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mirror Brackets

Here's some photos of my mirror brackets (right and left).

My mirrors are not hit by the doors on either side with the windows rolled up when the doors are opened.

Hope the pictures help. If you would like more, just tell me what you would like to see.

Storm 51

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

What a beautiful install. Those mounting brackets around the door hinge look like they were custom made for the M-37. The 90 degree angle brackets also look just like the ones for the bullet light.
Mine are different. I might reshape mine based on these pictures. As always Storm, your MV work, and your photo abilities are "Top Notch"!
Thanks.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, 3dAngus! All those brackets are just stock M-37 parts. On the right side of the truck there is a bracket mounted beneath the mirror brackets (against the skin of the truck) for the installation of the fording kit air intake pipe. However, this long piece of vertical channel does not affect the mounting of the mirror brackets.

All these little bracket pieces are available from VPN or Midwest Military. If you know someone with a parts truck, you can probably find them there too. The parts might also be the same ones used on a jeep or deuce and a half.

Good luck and thanks again!

Storm 51

3dAngus

I can't believe I just spent the last two hours mounting a mirror, but I loved every minute of it. Anyone else might have done it in 15 minutes.

What joy to finally have my first mirror up. It was so dangerous driving without one, and not being able to see out the rear window. Keep in mind, I have a total of about one mile on this truck since I purchased it, so it's not like I'm driving around town.

Anyway, a picture of my newly installed mirror might be a bit silly to some, but I'm happy and wanted to share what was available on the market for mirrors for these M-37s and how to modify and install. They WILL work.

As you can see, my garage/shop is getting crowded.

Attachments

majorhitt

If my info is correct the American M37s came with only the driver's side mirror, The Canadian M37CDN came with the two mirrors, driver's and passenger's side. Also, Storm I see you have a flag in your garage, I would expect that the garage door is to the left in this picture, That would be that the flag is properly displayed.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry majorhitt, that is 3dAngus's garage, not mine. However, I certainly wouldn't mind having some of the toys in that garage (I'd need the garage too, so I would have a place to store them). :D

Even the M-37's and M-43's I saw when I was in the Army back in the late '60's all had 2 mirrors, so while they may originally may have had only one, I suspect somewhere along the line a MWO came out installing a second (like the ones for signals and two service tail lights).

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks