• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power bleed brakes/STILL WONT WORK

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do i navigate the tm on this site? Again this is my 2nd day with this truck .They dont get any greener than me right now. Frustration is setting in!Begining to wish i stayed with the 1/4 ton crowd!
post # 15 has links to the brake tm's , it's a link to Jatonka's site but they are deuce tm's .

Lindsaym151

Full!,I dont see any fluid on wheels or on the ground! If this vehicle turns out to be a bigger piece of s^%$ than the hummer h1 i owned it wont be here long .Any one got a 151 they want to trade?

bearboley

Don't get to exited read the tm and adjust the shoes first. I have never used a power bleeder just a friend and a lot of pedal down open bleeder close bleeder pedal up,repeat until you get all the air out.

Lindsaym151

Ok every one ,I read all the tms im going to read on this subject. Iam recovering from 2 broken legs(2nd week of walking again)I don't have the strenght to pull ten wheels off this monster! No less the tools.Who in the Central florida area is fare on price to do this work for me?The truck was a GIFT to me by some friends (ihad to sell all my MV 's when igot hurt)I dont have a whole lot of cash on hand

Emmett

If you lived closer to north Tampa, I would do it for a case of beer. No doubt Brake adjustment is a pain.

crazywelder72

Ok every one ,I read all the tms im going to read on this subject. Iam recovering from 2 broken legs(2nd week of walking again)I don't have the strenght to pull ten wheels off this monster! No less the tools.Who in the Central florida area is fare on price to do this work for me?The truck was a GIFT to me by some friends (ihad to sell all my MV 's when igot hurt)I dont have a whole lot of cash on hand
Good to hear your on the mend. I think everyone can understand where your at and what lies ahead for you.

I know this wont help to much but let me say this. dont think of it as you need to pull 10 wheels and all the work and strength it takes. Try to look at it this way, If you can remove and adjust one wheel a day and take your time. DONT HURT YOURSELF.

does anyone in your area have a wheel lift you could borrow? That would help a lot.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No need to pull tires and wheels, jack up BOTH wheels on one axle, the adjustment is cam action, a cam for each shoe, don't worry about the lower adjustment just the upper one, adjust out till snug, then back off as rotating tire till just no drag, never mind the 4 point feeler gage method the tm talks about, it is a REAL production. About the only time you really need to set the lower adjustment is on NEW shoes

Heavysteven

Adjusting the brake per the Tm with feeler gauges takes a while. Took me 4 hours on one drum I got pissed and quit. Came back the next rested got through the rest. You have to take the wheels off though take the cover plate off the drum.

There is a video on YouTube going over the power bleeder. I never made part 3 because I assumed most people would know how to bleed the wheels.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyQ7pZPiqnI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for S&G, take the cap off the MC and look down in there. LIGHTLY depreess the pedal a 1/2 inch or so and let it up. Repeat this and see if fluid is making a little geyser in there or if there are bubbles or just nuttin'. Report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks