• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power plant heater

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps the operator becomes addicted. :)
When using ether, it is possible that the battery maintenance drops
and you begin to feel that ether is necessary to get it started.
With healthy batteries and lighter weight oil, you should have no problem starting the MF engine
down to at least 10 deg F w/o any aids.

Oh, thank you Gary for the kind offer, I sent you a PM.

Bjorn

PS. MF stands for multifuel here, in case some other meaning came to mind.

mangus580

I think that its usually, that someone will start using ether to cover some other problem....

Like Bjorn said, the multi should start down to about 10f without any aid (mine has gone sub zero). Plus you have the flame heater as well....

I guess try without first... if its too cold to start, give it a snort... Just pay attention, if it starts needing it often, you might want to look for other problems..

BTW.... Pure Silicone Spray is a GREAT alternative to ether... It has about the same starting power, but it lubricates the cylinders instead of washing them clean like ether does... (also glow plug friendly for the cucv's !! )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks